𝐒𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

Requested by @Sally512

Title: Mom

Key: (y/a)= your age

I'd been with Splinter for, say, a month. Now I knew I wasn't the prettiest or the youngest, but that's why Splinter said he loved me. I loved him too, and I loved the boys as if they were my own, even though a rat and a human certainly wouldn't make-

Never mind.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Splinter petting my head, "What are you doing?" I wondered, smiling at him. He shrugged. We were relaxing as the boys had gone out on patrol and wouldn't be back for a while. Or so we thought.

"I can't believe you, Raph!" we suddenly heard Leo scream as footsteps stomped into the lair. Relaxation gone. Anxiety here. I hated when the boys fought.

"You wanna deal with this?" I asked Splinter, leaning into his arms. He gently pushed me off and looked down at me, thoughtfully, "What?"

"Why don't you go?" I laughed at his joke but stopped when he didn't do the same, "Oh, you're serious?" he nodded.

"Uh, no. We've only been together a month! They're not going to listen to me; they're teenagers and I'm not their parent! They're gonna be mean to me," I whimpered in fear at the thought. Teenagers.

"You'll be fine. They won't be mean to you," kissing my head, gently, he pushed me off to the living room. As soon as I entered, I noticed the tension between the four boys. Donnie and Leo stood on one side of the room while the younger two stood on the other side.

"Uh, hey. What's going on here, guys?" I asked, carefully. They all turned to look at me and then sighed collectively. Even fighting, they were in sync.

"Leo and Donnie decided to make a new plan without us knowing and-" Raph fired out. Leo gasped and started yelling over him.

"Well, if Raph had stayed a few more seconds instead of running off, then he would've known-" then, Donnie and Mikey leapt in and suddenly there was chaos again.

"Woah, guys! Wait, please. Calm down and we can talk about this!" I withered as they all turned to glare at me, even Mikey. This was serious. 

"Come on. Can't we just talk this out like adults?" Leo laughed, crudely.

"You're one to talk. Master Splinter treats you like a baby!" he spit at me, folding his arms across his chest.

"Yeah! You think you're an adult, but you're not," Raph snarled at me.

"You're (y/a) years old! When are you going to grow up?" Donnie stabbed at me. Holding in tears, I turned to Mikey.

"Mikey?" I whispered, my voice cracking. At my words, Raph walked over to his brother and put an arm around him, glaring at me. Mikey looked at me, then Raph. His eyes steeled and he turned back towards me.

"You'll never be our mom," he muttered, glancing at the floor. I let out a choked sob as I ran back to Splinter's room. I slammed the door behind me and fell to my knees, sobbing into my hands. Not two seconds later, I felt arms wrap around me.

"Why did you make me do it? Why did you make me go out there?" I pushed Splinter away and looked at him in disbelief. He gave me a sad look and wiped away one of my tears.

"I'm sorry. I'll leave you alone now," he stood up and walked away, closing the door gently behind him. I sat in the dark room and cried for what seemed like forever, or it at least felt like it. I just wanted the boys to like me. They never had a mom, like me. Mine ran out on my dad and I when I was six. My dad was very emotionally distant, so I never had anyone. I just wanted to be there for the boys, but they didn't need it. 

They didn't want it. 

++++++++++

There was a knock at the door and I glanced up, wearily. My eyes were blurry from tears and my face was red and puffy. I looked horrible.

"Come in," I whispered, resting my head in my arms. Before I knew what was happening, there were four pairs of arms around me, hugging the life out of me. I looked up to see the turtles, clutching me and crying softly.

"Boys?" I asked, quietly. Leo took in a shaky breath and looked up at me, tears slowly running down his face.

"I'm sorry f-for saying father treats you like a-a baby. I didn't mean it," I hugged Leo closer, kissing the top of his head gently. He smiled at me and stood up to stand beside his dad, wiping his tears. Splinter smiled at me.

"I'm sorry for saying you're not an adult," Raph whispered, hugging me tighter and squeezing his eyes shut. I hugged him back and kissed his head, whispering an acceptance. Taking my hand, he squeezed it as he stood up and moved to stand beside his older brother.

"I'm sorry for saying you'll never grow up. And you look great for a (y/a) year-old," I laughed slightly, kissing Donnie's mask as he buried his face into my neck. Holding me a few more beats, he stood up and backed up beside his brothers as they all smiled at each other.

Mikey threw himself at me, clinging to my body as he wrapped himself around me. He was sobbing loudly, murmuring apologies and sniffing.

"I'm-m sorry for s-saying you'll never b-be our mom," he whispered, resting his face on my chest. I smiled and patted his head, holding him close, "I want you to be our mom, please. Don't leave us."

"Stay here."

"Please, don't leave."

"Stay with us and father, please."

"We love you," Splinter voiced, smiling at his sons and then me. I grinned back, gesturing the boys back to me. They all piled onto me, careful not to hurt me as Splinter followed. There, we all lay on the the floor.

"I love you, mom," the boys whispered one by one, yawning and falling asleep. I smiled as my heart exploded.

"I love you, too," I said to all of them, quietly kissing Splinter.

"We love all of you," he finished, holding us tighter as we all fell asleep together, as a family.

++++++++++

im actively throwing up good God what is this