3 。gift

"UM—"

"What's wrong? Did you get scolded by coach again?" Shirabu asked while looking at the first year who just came out of their coach's office.

"I did but that's not the thing!" Goshiki quickly replied. It was then that the two garnered attention from the majority of the regulars. They all looked at Goshiki with curiosity. "I'm his office, I saw coach's calendar," Goshiki said as his fists tightened. "Tomorrow, it was circled!!" Goshiki revealed.

"And?"

"In [f/c] coach wrote: [Y/n]'s Birthday!!!"

"Tomorrow is our cute manager's birthday?" Tendo gasped dramatically as he rested both of his hands on his cheeks. "What a day... We have our first official match tomorrow..."

"Then we can do something after the match tomorrow?" Ohira asked. "We can ask the members who aren't going to buy a cake for us."

"Should we gift her with the love letters that we shredded?"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"No..."

"Goshiki," Shirabu said as he turned over to the bowl cut boy. "[L/n] is in your class, you must have talked to her. What does she like?" Goshiki froze. He had always been too shy to bring up a conversation with the first year beauty. Shirabu read Goshiki like an open book. "Don't tell me you were too shy to talk to her...?"

"I can't help it!!"

"Our boy Goshiki, I saw, he was glaring at the people staring at our cutie manager~" Tendo said while appearing behind Goshiki. The middle blocker placed his hands on his shoulders.

"I guess thats fine," Shirabu replies. "Then are there any mascots or common theme in the stuff she uses?" Shirabu further interrogates Goshiki.

"Ummmm," Goshiki started to think back on the lessons. A common theme... "She has a lot of [f/c] items," Goshiki said. "AHHHHH!"

The gym looked towards the first year.

"I REMEMBER! [L/n] and her friends were talking about food and [L/n] said that she liked [favourite/cake/flavour] the most!!!" Goshiki shouted in realization.

"Good job."

"Bowl-cut boy is useful after all..."

This is when the gym door opened. A silence came over the items as they saw the manager that they were talking about. Shirabu sent a warning glance to Goshiki— almost saying: don't you dare ruin it bowl-cut boy. [Y/n] stopped changing her shoes midway and looked at the members. They were staring at her for far longer than usual. "Is something on my face...?" [Y/n] asked.

"Nope~ Our cute manager looks cuter than usual!" Tendo quickly said as he walked over to the first year to start conversing about the recent Shonen Jump.

"Thank goodness for Tendo," Semi sighed. "Alright, we have to act natural!"

Tendo cooed at the sight while Semi smiled. What sight? It was the sight of [Y/n] resting her head on their captain's shoulder as they made their way to the tournament site. "Tendo, what are you doing?" Ushijima asked, making sure his voice is quieter than usual.

"Taking a picture," Tendo said as he positioned his phone, "it lasts longer. Don't worry Wakatoshi, I will send it to you later," Tendo snickered.

"I heard that [L/n] woke up earlier to make sure we have everything prepared," Semi said. "She's always so hardwork—"

"We will be there soon! Settle down and prepare!" Saito said to the bus. Immediately, the team settled down and watched as they arrived at their destination. Since they were a seeded team, they were exempted from playing the first round of matches. Their first opponent would be Ohgiminami.