Epilogue

One year later

It was late-fall in a village deep in the northern forest. The air grew colder and the grey landscape wearier. Kennedy Rowley sat in her house beside the fireplace, holding her first-born in her arms as she hummed a lullaby and began the story of four princes and one hundred kingdoms. She hadn't got any farther than 'Once upon a time' when she heard a knock on the front door. Her husband rushed out from the kitchen, waving his hands about his head to get rid of the smoke of burned food.

The knocking sounded again, more urgently this time. Then came a gruff masculine voice, "I'm here on the command of the Queen of Isolde."

"Reyna?" Stefan Russo cast his wife a glance. "But the royal wedding is a month away. Why are they here?"

Kenny was just as clueless as he was. She hurried him to open the door, and an Isolde guard heavily stepped in. He was so large he had to duck his head to fit through the door.

"My apology, I didn't mean to disturb you," he said as soon as he saw the half-asleep child, "but the Queen has arranged a carriage to bring your family to Isolde tonight."

"Tonight?!" cried Kenny. "It's so urgent. Is everything all right?"

The soldier's expression remained stiff although there was a glimpse of worry which he'd done his best to conceal. "I'm afraid not. It's about the Commander."

"Harry," Stefan muttered, exchanging looks of concern with his wife.

"Get your things," the soldier said. "The horses are waiting outside. I'll explain everything on the road."

(end of book 1)

.

.

.

book 2: THE WINTER AND THE CROWN

synopsis:

Winter. A wedding. A war.

Reyna has to protect her kingdom from the enemy from the South and also the love of her life from the ruthlessness of the royal courts. But her destiny is paved with blood and revenge. And as she and Harry set off on another adventure to find the cure for an ancient curse, what they find is much more than they have anticipated.

Meanwhile, Calanthe is scheming to take away everything that Reyna holds dear, and with the help of other dark forces, this time she might succeed.

Blood will shed. And the seasons will turn.