Sixty Six

One year later

"Dad have you seen my phone?" Sky asked

"The last place I saw it was in your hands in the kitchen. I will call it for you."

"Ok found it." She yelled

All I could do is laugh. Teenagers

I was finishing up the last of my work and Steve walked in looking nervous.

"Sis I don't know what I did wrong. She won't talk to me. She won't even look at me. What do I do?"

"Ok ok. Step one calm down take deep breathes and relax. Second clear your mind let it all go. If you don't Steven will come out and stay for a week and we know Anika didn't like that. So calm down and then talk to me."

After a few minutes Steve was calm he looked at me and I knew he was ready to talk. I closed what I was working on and showed him I was listening.

"So, for the past week or so Anika has been giving me the cold shoulder but she would always kiss me and tell me she loved me. Then for the past two days she didn't do either of them. I don't know what I did and its killing me."

"Ok, so did yall have a fight?"
"No"

"Is the sex still good?"
"Yes"

"When was the last time yall went on a date?"
"Three days ago. Our date night."

"Have you been spending time with someone other then her?"
"Yea Sky and Sonya."

"How much time?"
"Almost like everyday."

"Well there is your problem. She might think your cheating one her with Sonya."

"I wouldn't do that I love her plus Sonya just helping me plan how I'm going to purpose to her."

His eyes got wide after he said that.

"Why didn't you ask me?"

"Sis let's be real here. You are always busy with the kids, work and your wife that I figured you didn't have time for me."

"Bro, we are family of course I have time but I guess I understand." I said making sure I hide the hurt in my voice

"But you should let her meet Sonya's wife so she knows nothing is going on with yall while keeping you purposal safe."

"Thanks so much. Love you sis." He said while leaving the room.

Am I really that busy? I spend time with the little ones when I can because know how much it means to them. It's always something. I walked over to the mini bar that I have in my office and pour out some Remi. I got a half of cup and went back to my desk. I started to get in my emotions and thoughts.

🚨 Triggering thoughts coming up🚨

Why can't I make everyone happy? Why am I so damn busy. Why me

Then there was one of the voices.

Well you do make them happy. You give them things they want and never thought they could accomplish. Your busy securing a future for your family. Why you? Well your strong and able to live thought the past.

Now here come the one that makes me question everything.

Because your a failure thats why. They will never be happy with a freak like you. Your not busy just faking it so you are alone like the loser you are. Why you? Well you deserve all of it