Baby Shopping

Hey everyone! Thanks for reading and sticking with me through all of this. I hope you guys enjoy this next oneshot.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Roaming the isles at a store were much more fun when you didnt have an obligation to buy something. As well when you didnt feel like you had a two year old roaming around with you.

"Josh, seriously?" Maya asked with amusement in her tone when she looked over at her husband with a Darth Vader mask on and a red light saber in his hands.

"What?" He asked in an innocent tone as he had stopped waving the light saber around in midair as if he were fighting off a bunch of invisible Jedi. Maya let out a frustrated laugh as she shook her head at him.

"I would like to have all the shopping done and the nursery put together before the baby decides to make an appearance." Maya told him as she rested one hand on her swelling stomach and the other one on the buggy she was pushing. Josh rolled his eyes.

"Oh come on, Maya. We've been shopping all morning. Cant we take a break?" He asked her as he pulled the Darth Vader mask off of and shook his tousled hair.

"You were the one that wanted to wait and start on the nursery until after we found out what the gender of the baby was." Maya reminded him as Josh put the mask back down on the rack.

"Well what about some of this stuff, you know if we're going to do the nursery in Star Wars theme, he'll need a light saber and a mask." Josh told her. Maya laughed.

"And just who are we shopping for, the baby or you?" Maya asked him. Josh rolled his eyes as he put the light saber back and started walking back down the isles with her. It was obvious that he was board out of his mind and would rather have been doing anything but this.

"Remind me again why Riley couldn't come do this with you?" Josh asked as he looked at the countless and countless of baby things that were on the different shelves all down the isles. It seemed like the decisions that needed to be made for the baby were never ending.

"Because I wanted to do this together. There's something special about being able to pick out items for your child's nursery together." Maya told him, Josh's face softened.

Maya didnt have a great childhood growing up. For the most part it was just her and her mom-her father never being in the picture. When they had found out that they were expecting their first child, Maya wanted Josh to be with her in everything that they did.

Doctor's appointments, Ultrasounds, baby shower. Which was all fine and Josh loved being apart of it all, but he wasn't keen on the shopping part. He much rather left all of that up to Maya. He didnt care what kind of bed his son had, of what color the changing table was. But Maya cared, and the most important part to her was that they made those decisions together.

It was that thought that made Josh shut up and suck it up as they kept walking and deciding on different things that they wanted for the nursery.

"Ooh, what about making the paint scheme dark with stars and different planets like it was the galaxy!" Maya exclaimed as they came across different wall stickers that had stars and planets on it. Josh nodded his head.

"Sounds good." He stated. Maya gave him a look.

"Should we add those space ships that are like the ones in Star Wars?" She asked. Josh glared at her.

"They're called star destroyers." He corrected her looking annoyed. "Have you learned nothing from the marathon we had back in college?" Josh asked her. Maya pursed her lips together and looked away from him.

"To be quite honest, I tuned most of it out." She told him with s slight grin on her face. She risked the chance of looking over at him to see that he was not at all amused. His glare deeper.

"We're re-watching them." He told her. Maya couldn't help but let out a laugh before she shut herself up after seeing the look on Josh's face.

"Oh come on, I remember the important parts." She complained. Josh rolled his eyes as he started telling her just what they needed for the nursery if they were going to really make it authentic looking.

Josh was the biggest Star Wars nerd that Maya had ever met. It surprised her to find out about this back when they were dating because Josh usually seemed to be a laid back chilled kind of guy, never really geeking out about anything. But when He and some of his friends (including Farkle) got started, there was no stopping them.

Maya had never been a huge Star Wars fan, never really taking the time to watch a movie all the way through. She really couldn't care less about Star Wars. In a conversation one time with Maya admitting that she had never really taken the time to be interested in Star Wars, Josh had made her watch all the movies and even the TV shows that associated with Star Wars.

Of course, Maya got something else out of it. She told him that she would watch everything that had to do with Star Wars, as long as he returned the favor by reading and watching all the Harry Potters. As Josh had admitted he had never read the books or seen the movies.

Josh had been like Maya after they had completed their deal. Maya continued not to like Star Wars, and Josh had not really taken to Harry Potter. When they decided to do a theme for the baby's room-Josh had told Maya that if they did Star Wars for the first one then they could do Harry Potter for the second one. To which she agreed.

"Well Josh, you're the only one out of either of us that remotely knows what they're talking about when it comes to Star Wars. So please, can you help me find what we need for the nursery?" Maya asked him. Josh huffed and took over pushing the buggy for her.

"Cant believe you didnt remember what a star destroyer was." Josh mumbled to himself as he shook his head. Maya bit her lip to keep from laughing. It always made her laugh whenever she heard Josh talk passionately about Star Wars.

"What about Kylo Ren and Rey? Why does it all have to be Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker?" Maya asked him. Josh turned around and gave her a disgusted expression. Maya blinked at him.

"Because the newer ones are garbage compared to the originals." Josh told her. Maya shrugged her shoulders.

"I really liked the newer ones better than I did the originals." Maya stated. Josh looked as if Maya had just smacked him in the face-like she had just said something that he would never be able to forgive her over. He pursed his lips and glared at her.

"My favorite part of Harry Potter was when Fred died. Quite a highlight, I thought." He stated. The grin on Maya's face vanished and was replaced with a glare of her own.

"How. Dare you." Maya stated.

Fred Weasley dying was Maya's soft spot. The twins were her favorite characters. His death had hit her in a whole different way then what the others did.

"Take it back." Maya stated. Josh rolled his eyes.

"Please." He mumbled under his breath as he pushed the buggy away from her. "You're not allowed to pick movies on movie night once the baby is born!" Josh called behind him at her.

"Joshua!" Maya called after him as she started to follow him.

Shopping was not one of their favorite things to do together.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you guys enjoyed it! Who do you agree with? Josh or Maya? Until next time, thanks for reading!!