Chapter 12

Jaemin quietly shuts his bedroom door and locked it, just in case if Shinrae's friend enters. He huffed as he sat down on the floor. He cant help but to recall on what had happened moments earlier, resulting in a small smile forming on his face. A sudden sound of rattling on the doorknob startles him making him back away from the door.

"what?how could you forget where my room is?" he heard Shinrae's voice on the other side of the door.

Jaemin stares silently at the door waiting for them to walk away. He sighs in relief and laid in bed, eyes slowly getting heavy making him drift himself to sleep.

Meanwhile, Shinrae and Hyejin were now in her room. Shinrae watches her friend's moves, still wondering why is she here in the first place. She shuts the door and walked up to Hyejin who was now seated on her bed looking down on her mattress.

Raising an eyebrow, she sat right on the bed looking at her best friend.

"are you okay?" Shinrae asks. Hyejin looks up at her friend, she had worried look on her face making Shinrae more confused.

"i heard what happened," she started.

"-to you," Shinrae's breath hitched as she listen to what her friend just said to her.

"h-how?" she stutters as her eyes started to get watery. With Hyejin mentioning it has made Shinrae recall on that horrible tragedy.

-

Hyejin was seated right across from her brother as she ate her food at a local outside food stall. It was about an hour since school ended for the day and her brother decides to bring her out to eat.

Suddenly, the sound of footsteps caught her attention as a few whines were heard, making Hyejin turn around. Her eyes widen to see three familiar faces, turned back with her down and zipped up her jacket to cover her uniform.

She looked up to her brother and felt relieved to see him unbothered at all. The three guys sat down at a table behind Hyejin's as they continued their conversation. Hyejin didn't mean to eavesdrop but they were too loud for her to not ignore.

"i knew she was really into it bro" Seok In states proudly. She heard the others disagreeing to his statement making her eyes widen when she heard Shinrae's name escape from one of their mouths.

"Into it? Your face states otherwise-"

"-plus Shinrae hates you," one of them argues making Hyejin choke on her food.  Panicked, she quickly grabs her glass of water and drank in to it.

"are you okay?" she quickly nods, smiling at her brother as proceeds on eating her food. The three guys turned around at the table behind them and shook it off as they proceed to continue his story.

"some guy came up on me and ruined everything bro,"

"literally right where everything was about to start" he continues sounding more frustrated than before.

-

Shinrae finally told her bestfriend everything that happened, excluding the part where Jaemin saved her. Instead of telling her it was Jaemin, she replaced it with a stranger that was just walking by. She tried her best not to breakdown but she couldn't help herself. Hyejin took her into a hug as she cried softly. Hyejin pats her back and cried along with her friend.

"its okay rae, you're safe now," Hyejin cooed softly.

-

The two laid on Shinrae's bed as they made a few small talks. Hyejin decided to do so to calm her friend down. She sighed as she turned to Shinrae.

"you sure you're able to go to school tomorrow?" she responded with a soft smile as she nod.

Hyejin sits up from her bed. "I'll make sure to beat that bitch up for you," Shinrae smiles.

"who is this guy anyway? did you get his name?? I'd like to thank him," Hyejin states making Shinrae's eyes widen as she sat up.

"i didn't get his name sorry," Hyejin frowns as she stood up. The two girls stared up at the clock to see it was about 3 in the afternoon. Hyejin told her that it was time for her to go. They exited her room and went downstairs.

Hyejin greeted Ms.Shin before heading outside. Shinrae stood by the doorway till her friend makes her way out of the house gate. She sighs in relief and shuts the door behind her to see her mother looking at her with a concerned look.

"you didn't tell her anything?" she asked.

"what? of course not," she responds.

Ms.Shin sighs in relief and turns around to the living room to watch Tv. Shinrae made her way up the stairs to Jaemin's room, giving it a few knocks.

"its just me,"

Seconds later, the door clicked making her enter his room. Jaemin stood against the doorway as he watches her jump into his bed as she huffed.

"everything alright?" he started.

Shinrae's eyes made contact with his as she smiled, she nodded. Jaemin raised an eyebrow as he shuts the door behind him and made his way to sit down on his bed.

"she told me to thank you for helping me out," she said making Jaemin look at her with a surprised look. Jaemin's mind instantly wanders, hoping that she didn't did what he thought she did.

"i didn't tell her anything okay, geez," she playfully rolled her eyes and sat down facing him.

"she just knew what happened to me, but i didn't tell her about you," she explains to him, looking down. Jaemin sat there silently, he felt relieved but sad at the same time. He still felt bad for what that happened to her and at how she still has those images in her mind.

She suddenly huffed and smiled, groaning as she laid down on his bed. Jaemin looks around the room and his eyes suddenly landed on to the hair dye that was on the floor. He smirks as she stands up, now standing in front of Shinrae.

"get up," he says, making her groan.

"come on," he said as his hand grabs her pulling her up. He can't help but to laugh as Shinrae was holding back, whining.

She was now up on her feet looking pretty annoyed. She studied Jaemin's moves as he made his way to the bathroom, leaving her there confused. She eventually followed, to see Jaemin holding the box of hair dye while reading the instructions.

"what are you doing?" she said as she raised her eyebrow.

Jaemin did nothing but smile as he turned and walked up to her with the box.

"you are going to help me dye my hair" he says proudly as he gave the dye to her. She scoffed.

"are you serious?"

"yeah"

"what?"

"yeah you heard me,"

"you're such a baby jaemin," she said as he watches him bringing a chair inside the bathroom and sat there, with that bubbly smile on his face.

"oh i know" she smiled and walked up to him and pushed his head lightly.

"ouch!"

"oh boohoo" she said making the both of them laugh. Jaemin sat there and stared at the mirror watching Shinrae applying the dye onto his hair. He looked at her as she smiled making him do the same.

"pretty," he murmured to himself.