Chapter Forty Seven

Beta colby

This moment felt like the calm before the storm. The tranquil gift nature gave us, inviting us in to its peaceful sanctuary. The cold fresh air only adding to the relief I felt in this moment.

I knew what ever the beta was going to tell us, was going to cause a.storm of rage inside of me. Just adding more fuel to my already angered beast. Wolf had left moments ago, no.one but us knew we could mindlink her despite any amount of poison she had in her body. The fact she wasn't responding told us she was still out but eventually she would wake up and help us find her.

Until then we needed details, leads and to get ahold of the council. His plan was smart I must admit but not smart enough. He got rid of Breya meaning we had no proof of her existence it was our word against his. However our King had met her, seen her conversed with her and his word was law!.

No measly orde of the council trumped that. Larsen would now know of the Kings presence something he hadn't betted on meaning he'd be on hight alert and potentially destroying any evidence he could . For now wolf had to stay in the shadows until the right moment.

"how? How did he do it?"

I didn't need to clarify my question Harris knew what I was asking, I watched as his pain surfaced recalling the painful memories.

"I was young, strong but young. My parents had wanted to step down handing the reins to me. Larsen was my friend I didn't know much of his back story but he wasn't from this pack, all I knew was that he had found refuge here. I found my mate as soon as I turned eighteen, she was no ordinary she wolf though.

He shook his head in a meaningful manner as he recalled the memories of his mate.

"she didn't want to mate until we knew each other. She was a hopeless romantic and wanted to fall in love and enjoy the fact we'd found each other so soon. Of course I agreed she was my mate. Larsen began saying things out of turn, suggesting she was a weakness which angered my father. To him he was disrespecting our goddess. Me I wanted to rip his head of for speaking such things about her.

Pain soon turned into anger before he continued his voice hardening as his fist clenched.

"before I could take over the pack, Larsen had poisoned my mother insuring my father's stability was far from rational. Me nor my father thought she had been murdered we believed she had fell ill. Larsen stood by our sides mourning with us and displaying grief. My father no longer wanted to step down insanity soon gripped him, I spent my days running the pack and seeing to my father. Spending less time with Sarah leaving her vulnerable.

Guilt a feeling I know all to well was weighing heavy on him, he blamed himself for Larsens cruelty.

"he marked her against her will, the moment he did I felt it. My heart shattered into a thousand pieces bringing me to my knees. The pain became to much my soul darkening at the thought of her doing this. When I seen her though I knew, I quickly became angry ready to slaughter him but she begged for his life, her wolf was confused being marked to him joined their souls mimicking a bond. I couldn't stand to she her in pain so instead I let the pain drag me down, my father seen me as incapable of running the pack. He believed Sarah had chosen Larsen over me he didn't know it was forced and none of ud knew what he had done to my mother.

My mouth was on the floor, it didn't matter how many times he had surprised me with his evil but there was just no end to it.

"my father decided to pass his title of alpha to Larsen, by this point I'd felt them. Every time they touched kissed or mated it was slowly killing me. My wolf and I had no fight left in us, no life nothing just emptiness. From the day she begged for his life I never seen her again but always knew she was there, but I havnt felt it for years so it can only mean one thing "

I watched him clenched his eyes shut, he had been rejected without being verbally rejected meaning he had to live with the pain, somthing told me Larsen had something to do with thst. At least if he was rejected he could of had a clear enough head to fight. He wanted him to remain to weighted with pain to go against him. Because he would've lost and he knew it.

. I wasn't entirely sure of her being dead though, if she was surely he would of felt it. They may not of mated but there bond was still there otherwise he wouldn't of felt the pain of her being with someone else.

"the pack seen Larsen as a hero, a saviour so accepted him as their alpha, he made me his beta in a show of humanity, he wanted them to believe he was a humble wolf with good intentions. It has taken me years Beta to figure it all out, what he had done to my mother, Sarah and the pack. I may not have had something to fight for then but I do now, I will not allow him to continue to tare my pack apart any longer. "

" I'm sorry you have suffered so much, i need your help alpha, I need to know everything. About the pups, the humans, Breya "

" I will help in any way I can, I don't know much about Breya, all I know is she was abandoned in the forest as a baby and Larsen took her in. As for the pups I know of where most of them were taken, until we find them though you need permission to be here, I presume right now the King needs to stay out of this? "

Nodding at the beta I stood proud before him, he had finally stepped into his shoes as alpha. His aura, his words, his eyes all held life.

" then the council now need to know of the reason your here, the challenge with my son. It dosnt buy  us much time considering its set for in a week but I will bare witness, since Breya isn't here"

I looked at the beta with a confused look, we couldn't do that not only did we not have our witness but we also didn't have the other party. Harris grinned a knowing grin before speaking again.

"the council have no idea that my son is missing, Larsen can't disclose that or it would look suspicious he can hide Breya existence but he can't hide Jacksons."

I wanted to shout with excitement as I registered his plan. It was genius this way we didn't have to involve the King , he was right he couldn't disclose Jackson being missing , especially if we have a  witness. Looking to Harris and Leo my voice more determined than ever I spoke

" we have one week to find, Breya, Jackson and the pups once we do we will be able to take him back to the Royal pack, also alpha Breya isn't human"

I figured he needed to know if we were going to bring him down together, what he had done to Breya and that alone is punishable by death, by the look on his face I knew he got what I meant disbelief, realisation then anger consorted on his face, venom practically oozed of him as his beasts fury rose.

"that son of a bitch"