3: High school time.

\(@^0^@)/

~

It ended like you and many expected, they lose but they put up a good fight by not giving up. Sure, their receive are bad and serve too but you can't blame them since it was the last minute to form a team and they except Hinata have no experience with playing on the court, it always been them with no opponent to fight for. 

But what makes you amazed is how quick his speed and high Hinata had jumped, maybe it's because how he cycles through mountains every day to gain stamina. Although they messed up, Hinata will encourage them to play again. You can't say it to the other side of the court though, one mistake will send you to angry Kageyama giving his lecture.

How pity...

>>(Flashback)

While you and your teammate are practicing volleyball, Hinata was always alone practicing volleyball with the wall in the small gym your school has. "Neh, [Last Name]-san." Your teammate calls you out. You hum after you finish drinking water to stay hydrated during the hot summer. 

"Do you know that Hinata-san is the only member of the boy volleyball team?" You furrow your brow in confusion since he always told you that this was some extra self-practice when you ask him where are his teammates. "What?" You slam your bottles to the bench before walking towards him.

Your teammates gather around as they see the calm and quiet [Last Name] would angrily stomp towards naive Hinata. "Self-practice? There were no teammates in the beginning, isn't it?" You coldly ask him as you put your hand on your waist. The boy tenses up after hearing your voice, he slowly turns around to your heated glare.

"So, you found out..." He sheepliy scratches his head as he faces down, not meeting your eyes. "Come on." You said as you take the ball from the ground, walking towards your teammates. They notice and quickly scrambles before meeting the same fate as Hinata. "What are you doing, [Name]?" 

"Let's play. How are you going to improve by yourself." You turn your head to see his eyes sparkle in joy. "Really?!" He yelled out as he skips behind you. Just like that, you help him during practice, when you didn't have practice. But you didn't know who he pleads to help him practice when you had your school council duty.

>>

"Don't worry, Shoyo." You said as you place a hand on his shoulder as encouragement. "Your dream in Junior High didn't come true, but we're on our last year so you can try again when you enter your idol high school." Seeing him not react at all, scare you a little so you turn to his friend and tiled your head to Hinata, telling them to cheer him up.

They look at each other before Koji spoke up:" What do you expect? They are the candidates for the nationals." You don't know that was supposed to cheer him up or put him down, but it certainly rubs salt in his wound when he saw the team that defeats them walk by, complaining their hungriness.

Hinata suddenly spoke up making you three surprises. "It doesn't matter if they're strong or weak, the bottom line is whether to win or lose and if we lose, we're off the court for good." It definitely makes you surprise that he said some inspirational quote, maybe the talk of volleyball makes him even smarter than usual.

He runs down the stairs and yells at Kageyama to get his attention, Hinata declares war to Kageyama that he would defeat him while crying like a baby but he tries to muffle out the hiccup to attempt be imitating. Surprisingly Kageyama didn't turn away from him as you thought but instead accept the challenge gladly.