03 ❱ ━━━━ DASHI RUN RUN RUN

━━━━━━━━━━━
CHAPTER THREE
❝ dashi run run run❞
━━━━━━━━━━━

"H-HUH? WHAT DO YOU MEAN?" Y/n tried to avoid making eye contact with Suna. She didn't want to admit that she was the girl he had encountered last night as she still felt slightly embarrassed about- literally everything. But the middle blocker could obviously see right through her.

" Care to explain this? " Without giving Y/n any time to respond, the middle blocker then lifted one of the sleeves of her uniform, revealing a bandage at the area of her elbows, " You got hurt in the same place as the girl I met yesterday night. "

" Wha-what? But that doesn't
mean- "

" You also have the same
paintbrush as her. "

" U-um I- " Y/n paused for a moment to think of an excuse, but finally gave in, " Haha...I guess I can't come up with an excuse for that. " she said, rolling down her sleeves.

Dang, he's good at detecting lies.

Suna held out his hand to offer a handshake, " I'm Suna Rintarou, you? "

" Y/n L/n. It's...nice to meet you. "

Suddenly, the two were both interrupted by Ginjima, " Uhh, I think I'll go first. You two can carry on with your...conversation. " Suna felt this sense of guiltiness as he watched his friend struggle to lift the table off the ground, " I'll catch up to you later. "

" Yeah, sure. "

Suna turns to look at Y/n as he pointed at Ginjima, " That was Ginjima. Ginjima Hitoshi. "

She nodded in response.

Ginjima had already left, leaving the two of them alone.

I should get her number.

" Hey, uh- can I get your- "

" Attention to all students. I am deeply sorry for interrupting your classes. I'd like to have y/n l/n fromTsurrutori High's art club to head to the exhibition hall right away as we are about to take attendance. If any of you spot her, I request for you to bring her to the exhibition hall. Thank you. " a teacher from Tsurrutori High spoke through the speaker.

Suna glanced towards y/n and noticed that her face was pale, very pale, " U-uh I think I'm in t-trouble? "

Suna was confused.

Is she scared?

Y/n was not a big fan of having her name announced to everyone. Especially when she causes trouble. She couldn't move, it was as if her feet were glued to the ground.

Suna let out a tired exhale as he took her hand and started running. Being forced to run, y/n was so focused on keeping pace with him she didn't have time to agonize about embarrassing herself in an unfamiliar school.

✎ 。。。

The sound of Y/n's heavy breathing was the only thing Suna could hear as the two stood at the entrance of the hall. Y/n had both of her hands on her knees, desperately gasping for air as she tried to steady her breathing.