Part I

You were just a young little 5 year old girl. You were doing what most little 5 year old girls do- playing Dress-Up with your mommy's clothing. You were wearing a (f/c) pastel dress and little Mary-Janes with white socks that reached your knees at first, but you were now wearing a strange black jacket over that outfit and a pair of heels. You had also tried on a large sun hat, a pearly necklace, and a pair of sunglasses. You finished up your game and went outside to play.

Your best friend Marie, was outside too. She was wearing a blue shirt with capris and a pair of flats with white socks. Marie looked over at you.

"Hey! (y/n)! Over here!" You hugged your best friend. She hugged back tightly. You looked around and saw your favorite sidewalk chalk. You decided to play Hop-Scotch with Marie.

"Wanna play some Hop-Scotch?" You suggested to your friend. She nodded happily and you got onto the ground and grabbed a nearby stone.
__________________________

"Wee!" You would squealed as you made your way up to the 10 drawn on the ground. You picked up the stone and handed it to Marie. "Your turn Marie" you chirped happily as your friend took the stone from your hand. She made her turn. Right when Marie grabbed the stone off the 5 it had landed on, you heard 2 banging noises. Marie grabbed the stone and shoved it into her pocket uselessly

"What was that?" She asked.

"Let's look" you stated. You both stopped walking when you saw your dad lying in front of you weakly.

"y/n, is that you?" Your father gently spoke. "If it is, come closer"

You kneeled down as if in a trance.

"Another person was shot too. Not only do I want you to have hopes for him, but I want you to know" your father gave your cheek a weak kiss "I... Love you baby, don't.... Forget that... Ever..." He had whispered the word Ever. You sat there and cried. You friend cried with you. Your friend did not have a father. Hers had run away, and she thought of your dad as her own. She was even allowed to called him her dad, too! Your mom was also out crying with you two. Eventually the crying eased up and you and your friend went home. You watched as police came and put the tape around the area where you, Marie, and your mom were sitting and crying.

AT THE SAME TIME DAD WAS SHOT:

a young boy with a long ponytail was sitting beneath a tree. he rubbed his hands together. the boy got up, he had just heard a banging noise. a man was on the ground where two little girls were running. the boy awkwardly took out his ponytail and left the ribbon to his pocket.
"What happened?" The boy was panicking. someone was in the area, shooting. He started to run toward the man but he heard another bang and he realized he could not see. He stumbled and fell, after a little dizzy spell, his world was black.

__________________________
It is two years later since your father died in the shooting. You also heard on the news and through rumors that a young boy was also shot and killed. But now, the world was back in its normal position of eat, sleep, poop. Your mother was now in the hospital being not only treated for shock, but for a strange sickness that was going around. It was an oddly mutated form of pneumonia but worse. You hacked blood for hours if you had it. It was not given by touch, or spread through the air or in any way contagious, but large numbers of people were still getting it.

Today, your mother was especially hacking up SOME blood. She fainted afterwards this time, which never happened. You were not in the room when it happened, but they thought it was best to call you in there. They finally told you how it was

"Your mother is... Dying."
"There is nothing more we can do for her to stay alive"
"She's asking to leave her misery"
"It's best of you see her now"
"We are deeply sorry for your loss"