Chapter 29: Unable to protect you

Before any more arrows could bring him even worse injuries, Kyrillos carried him and got him out just in time. Lucy clicked her tongue in annoyance before stomping on the ground creating large earthquakes beneath our feet. I held onto Phillip and used my magic, allowing us to float.

"How can we defeat her?" I asked Phillip loudly as the earthquakes around us were extremely loud.

"The only thing I remember from the teachers was to kill them no matter what," Phillip answered back, trying to stop the earthquake with his magic.

"Anyone who loses control of their power can never return."

When he finally stopped the earthquake, he pulled out his sword. Turning to me, he said in a serious tone, "Defend yourself and the others. I'll take care of her."

I scoffed in bewilderment, "Are you crazy!?"

"She is able to use all types of magic Lilyana. You and I both know that getting close to her is like thinking pigs can fly without magic."

"But other than the forest king, I am able to fight her better than all of us. I can use all of them as well, remember?" he smiled.

"Yeah but with a limit Phillip!"

He chuckled, holding his stance up with his sword, "It's better than nothing right?"

"So Lily, protect yourself and the others. You can do that can't you?"

I bit my lip harshly making it slightly bleed, "I...I can help you too-"

"I know." he cut me off, "I know you can but if you got hurt again, I wouldn't know what to do anymore."

"I rather die protecting you than watch you suffer more."

"Ah, just shut up!" Lucy screamed in annoyance.

"You are not fit to be with her. Only me! So shut up and die will you?!" she casted shadow figures coming to life.

They started running towards Phillip, sharp claws wanting to stab and gouge his organs out. Before they could even get close to him, they fell to the ground slowly dispersing.

"What..?" Lucy watched as she saw the shadows she made, break down and fall.

Phillip laughed, shaking his head, "You really should have educated yourself more. Making puppets are easy but dispersing them is just as easy."

"You.."

"That speech just now was pretty decent in my opinion but no way am I letting you have all the credit to yourself later on." Kyrillos spoke as he stood beside Phillip.

Kyrillos turned to me and smirked, "I'm quite interested in Lilyana myself."

I blinked, "Wait- you mean as in..."

Kyrillos' smile grew wider, "That's right. In that way."

I stared at him unable to say something back at him but it didn't matter as he continued speaking, "But I can't pursue someone who has a lover already." he sighed.

"Uh.." I really didn't know how to reply back.

Kyrillos' eyes lit up, clapping his hands together, "Maybe I'll just pretend you don't have a lover and pursue you!"

"That doesn't make sense with your previous statement!" I retorted but he only returned me a wink.

Kyrillos was looking dumber by the second and I could see Phillip glaring at him. If looks could kill, Kyrillos would be dead ages ago.

"There's no way I'm letting you do that." Phillip scoffed.

"Why must there be more obstacles..." Lucy muttered to herself, biting the skin off her fingers causing them to bleed.