♡ Chapter Eleven ♡

♡ Adora's POV ♡

Wow. I could not believe what I had said to Catra in the food court. Her smile was cute?! Why would I say that?! I barely even know the girl and I'm already complimenting her looks,ugh! I tried brushing off my compliment with a stupid question and thankfully,Catra bought it.

"Uhh yeah, what's a uhm... Big Mac?"

She asked,all of us bursting into laughter right after she asked. Glimmer was holding her face in her hands as cackles escaped her lips while Bow was leaning over the table and gripping his fist. I was wiping tears from my eyes as I held my stomach, and soon enough, Catra began to laugh too. Although her laughter wasn't as loud as ours,her's was audible and had a least a little emotion to it. Our laughter soon dies down and we all explain to her what a Big Mac was,her brows raised in realization and her mouth shaped a small 'o' before saying she wanted to try it,earning a laugh from me.

Bow had sighed dramatically and stood up,sulking his way to small McDonald's booth to make the small order for Catra. As he walked off,me and Glimmer looked at Catra with slightly confused expressions.

"Hey,how come you've never heard of these foods? Did you live under a rock or something?"

Glimmer asked Catra,my eyes widening as I kicked her under the table. She winced in pain and held her leg,shooting me a glare. Catra chuckled at me and Glimmer's silent argument. Catra's laughter soon died as it took her a moment to respond.

"I grew up in The Horde,we barely had anything to eat. We mainly ate rations,the grey ones were my favorite."

She explained,my eyes growing wider. I had grown up in The Horde as well,how did I not know this girl?

"You're from the Horde?! I am too! How did we not meet??"

I say in a panicked tone,standing up from my chair as I corn my fingers through my dull blonde hair. I could hear Catra chuckling lowly and I stare at her with a shocked expression,what was so funny?

"Adora,calm down. We might've met each other in the Horde but I'm sure we were very young cause I don't remember you either."

She explained to me with a half-hearted smile on her face,seeming as though she didn't care that we didn't know each other. I slowly sit back down and think for a moment,my fingers on my temples and rubbing them as I thought really hard to see if I'd remember her. No luck. I curse under my breath and look over at Catra,smiling awkwardly.

"Sorry about that,I just thought I'd know you if we grew up in the same place."

I say,her smile growing wider and elbowing me gently before responding to me.

"Don't worry about it,Goldilocks."

She says,waving her hand off in front of me to shake off the apology before Bow came running back with the food Catra wanted. The male roughly set the wrapped food in front of Catra before sitting next to Glimmer angrily,crossing his arms.

"Alright guys,no more food!!"

He shouted,his voice cracking. Catra began to laugh at the boy's voice crack and soon,we were all laughing with her. However,my ears weren't focused on Glimmer or Bow's laugh,they were focused on her's. Her laughter sounded so sweet yet deep,as though her voice was dark chocolate and her laugh was more audible than Glimmer and Bow's whereas theirs sounded blurry. I soon caught myself staring at the brunette and immediately snapped my head in a different direction, laughing nervously.