🧸twenty one🧸

It was a quiet day for them since Taeyong 'borrowed' the kids for a play date. She actually expected them to drag her along as always but was surprised when they didn't.

"Hyung might get lonely so you stay with him." —Chenle

"I need you to guard Miri." —Jeno

"We're big boys now." — Jisung

"I don't really care." — Renjun

"Don't do anything bad to my Hannie!" —Mark

"Do something bad." —Donghyuck

"Nana I'm bored. Do something." Haneul groaned, tossing the remote to the side. She had her head resting on Jaemin's lap as she stayed in the fetal position, a warm compress on her abdomen.

"Does breathing count?" Jaemin asked, looking away from his phone. He had his hand in her hair, twirling it between his fingers.

"No. Stop breathing." Haneul joked. A sharp pain in her abdomen made her groan, wanting nothing but for her period to disappear. "I miss my children."

Jaemin noticed her pained expression and sighed. "I need to get something."

"My pillow dares to talk back to me? Never!" Haneul nuzzled her face into his thigh, refusing to let go.

There wasn't much of a fight as Jaemin was obviously stronger. He carefully lifted her head and used a throw pillow to keep it up.

"You have no ass." Haneul blurted out, watching him move through the kitchen.

"Shut up. You and Mark share genes."

"Can't blame us for having the amazing booty." Haneul grinned.

"You've gotten a lot more cheeky, Princess." Jaemin commented. He placed two containers and a mug on the coffee table before taking his original position.

"What's this?"

"When ChenJi and I went baguette hunting I bought these knowing your period was near." Jaemin answered nonchalantly.

The small jar was filled with blue and green gummy bears while the other had vanilla mochi in it. In the mug is what she thinks is camomile tea.

Her favorites.

"Since when did they start selling gummy bears at two colors?" Haneul questioned, reaching for the jar.

"I know a place." Jaemin took it and opened it for her. He handed it to her and went back to scrolling through his phone.

Haneul didn't question it anymore and just happily munched on the gummy bears, occasionally feeding Jaemin one.

"You smell nice." Haneul randomly complimented. "When did you change your cologne?"

Jaemin thought for a bit. "A month ago? Wait how did you notice?"

"You used to have a boyfriend smell like Wonwoo's perfume from the Saem. Now you smell like sweet and like flowers." Haneul explained.

"Well it's lavender for starters so no I'm not using your perfume." Jaemin clarified. He put his phone down, paying more attention to her. "Which scent do you like better? I only changed it for you."

Haneul didn't catch the last thing he said but shrugged it off. "This one seems better for me."

Jaemin nodded, happy she liked it more. He had actually done research on how to relieve stress or anxiety and found that lavender helped with it.

He played with her cheeks, squishing and pinching them softly. Unlike Mark, she had chubby cheeks which he found really cute. She was like his own little squirrel.

He noticed her stay longer on one channel. It showed footage of a figure skating performance. He looked at her, seeing mixed emotions swirl in her brown eyes.

Regret, longing, anxiousness, envy.

He felt bad for her as she went back to channel hopping. She never really said it out loud, but her actions showed how much love and passion she still had for figure skating.

And he wanted her to acknowledge it.

"Do you want to go on a date?"

Haneul choked on her snack, bolting up from the couch. "A what now?"

"I was thinking about how this Yeojeong that put us in this situation only shows up with the kids when they're alone. What if we leave them for a bit and see if she comes?"

"What if she doesn't come on that day?" Haneul asked. His suggestion was tempting but the thought of the kids being left alone scared her.

"Then we'll keep going out together." Jaemin answered. "It's also like a training for you too."

"I barely make commissions now though so I don't think I can spend as much." Haneul mumbled. She absolutely didn't want to be a burden to him.

"Leave that to me. Just because you go out doesn't mean you need to spend money." Jaemin assured. His smile fell when he noticed Haneul's phone vibrating.

"It's Yukhei." Haneul deadpanned as she grabbed her phone. She tapped away at the screen, smiling as she did. Moments like this were becoming more frequent as the two got closer.

"Do you think you'll be less awkward with him tomorrow?" He asked. The girl was oblivious to his drop in mood.

"I'm gonna try not to be but I can't make any promises."

"That aside, can I ask you something important?" Jaemin mumbled.

Haneul put her phone down, alarmed at his serious tone. She nodded nervously. It had been a while since he had used a tone like that with her.

"Why can't we be friends?" He asked. "We're close enough and I've known you for a while. Am I really still like a stranger to you?"

It was different from all the times he was joking around with her. She could hear the sincerity in his voice, making her feel even more guilty.

"There's something I need to confirm first... something I'm not very sure of because of my experiences." Haneul answered, careful with her words. She was afraid he would get angry with her.

Jaemin let out a sigh, scaring the girl further.

"Whatever it is you need to confirm, I hope you confirm it as soon as possible." He said with a small smile. "I'd like to be your first after all."

"I promise I'll tell you right away once I do. Pinky swear!" Haneul held her pinky out toward him. He smiled and sealed the promise.

"Shall we cook dinner? Or are your cramps too bad?" Jaemin asked, back to his cheery self.

Haneul doubled over, obviously acting. She let out cries of pain as she sunk into the couch. She was too lazy today.

"Ah it hurts too much I don't think I can help out today ow it hurts."

Jaemin rolled his eyes and headed into the kitchen. "Does seafood risotto sound alright to you?"

"Spicy please." Haneul requested.

A/N

Filler filler

Idk i'm up for these kind of soft moments

But an early update because I finally got my report card and my overall average for the second semester is 95.44.

But I'm not in top 10 I think oh well