🧸twenty two🧸

Haneul had her head down as she walked, hand clinging onto the fabric of Jaemin's coat. Being in public always made her feel uneasy no matter how many times Jaemin dragged her out.

They had just finished her appointment at the therapist and were on their way to meet up with Yukhei at a nearby cafe.

"Over here!" Yukhei enthusiastically called, waving at them. He removed his hat and mask as the two walked up to the table he sat at.

"Sorry we're late. We had to take a detour." Jaemin greeted. He was glad that there weren't much customers today for Yukhei's sake.

"Where's Haneul?" Yukhei asked, looking around. Jaemin stepped aside, revealing the nervous girl. He gave her a slight push forward.

"Thank you for your time today!" Haneul bowed almost 90 degrees, making Jaemin sigh. He had her take a seat before clearing his throat.

"I'll sit over there at the corner. If there's any problem just give me a shout."

"Don't worry! I'll try not to be too pushy." Yukhei assured. Jaemin nodded before walking away, leaving the two alone.

Stay calm. He's Yukhei, the friendly giant you text. Everything is alright.

"What do you want to order? I heard that the oreo parfait here is really good." Yukhei pointed to the picture of the dessert.

"I'm fine with anything you order." Haneul mumbled, scanning over the menu. There were a couple of food that caught her eye but she didn't want to seem shameless.

"That won't do. If you have something you want or like you should say it." Yukhei scolded. He put the menu down and smiled at her. "I'll only eat what you pick then."

"That's too much pre—"

"That's how I feel if you let me choose the whole menu." Yukhei interjected. "I'm not angry, just order what you want for yourself. No one will judge you for it."

"Are you sure?"

"Very. If you like or want something you should say it. If you dislike something then make it clear. Don't just stay quiet like that." Yukhei assured.

Haneul took a deep breath and looked through the menu once more. "Then um... I'll have a banana caramel milk tea and a slice of caramel mousse cake."

"That's more like it." Yukhei stood up, only to stop in his tracks. "Will you be fine alone if I go and order?"

"I will." Haneul answered, watching him walk away. Her eyes land on Jaemin who had his airpods on.

He had a glass of iced americano in front of him while he scrolled through his phone. He seemed to feel her stare as he looked up and locked eyes with her.

'You can do it!' He mouthed, sending her a thumbs up. 'I believe in you! You're doing well already!'

Haneul shrugged, not confident in herself. She thought getting comfortable through text would help in real life, but it didn't. Maybe later she would, and maybe she she might get the fluttery feeling.

She needed to confirm it.

"Earth to Lee Haneul." Yukhei shot her a worried glance as he placed a tray on their table. He placed her order closer to her before taking a seat.

He had ordered a carrot cake and iced americano for himself.

"I'm sorry I just spaced out and um..."

"No it's okay. I understand." Yukhei reassured. "Do you need Jaemin right now?"

"No I don't think so." Haneul muttered. She took one of the spoons and took a spoonful of mousse into her mouth. She hummed happily as the sweet taste of caramel spread in her mouth.

"Yours looks so good." Yukhei commented. He had the bowl of his spoon between his teeth as he stared at her dessert. "I'll let you try mine if you let me try yours."

"I'm not a fan of carrot cake though. You can try mine anyway." Haneul said, sliding the plate closer to him.

Yukhei let out a hum of approval as he took a spoonful of the cake. He slid it back closer and took a sip from his drink. "Can you tell me more about your day?"

"What about my day?"

"Anything as long as you don't feel pressured to say it."

🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸

"So you're telling me, Renjun threw the chair at Haechan and Jaemin had to dive to the rescue?"

Yukhei was really attentive and energetic. He lead the conversations very well and made her feel comfortable as he did.

"That wasn't the only time he tried to kill one of his brothers." Haneul chuckled, remembering how Jaemin had to take one for the team again.

"Really?"

"He once threw the flower pot at Jeno because he scribbled on his drawing." She explained. "We had him stand in the reflection corner until he realized what he did was wrong."

"Man you guys have it hard watching over the kids." Yukhei sighed, finishing up his drink. "Respect man."

"Although it's tiring, the kids really make us happy more than angry. It's worth the pain and sweat to see them smile and grow." Haneul shyly explained. "And if I were to be honest, I think Jaemin has the hardest since he also has to look after me."

"You talk like a real mother." Yukhei mused. He gave her a thumbs up which somewhat confused her. "Jaemin's lucky to have a girl like you."

Haneul's face and ears flushed into a deep red at his final statement. "We're not dating!"

"I know." Yukhei deadpanned. "But you guys are good friends with great chemistry so I couldn't help but tease."

"We're not friends!" Haneul added, this time shocking the boy. She mentally cursed at her flustered self.

Instead of feeling the fluttery feeling towards Yukhei, she found herself flustered at the thought of Jaemin.

"You're joking?" Yukhei blinked. "I can still believe that you aren't dating but not even friends? Girl?"

"I um... bathroom."

Haneul bolted towards the restroom, leaving a dumbfounded Yukhei and a worried Jaemin. The pink haired boy approached their table.

"What happened?" Jaemin asked.

"Oh she really needed to use the toilet. Nothing much." He answered calmly. He got up and stretched. "I think that should be enough for today. She did well opening up a bit more."

"Thank you for your time today." Jaemin thanked.

A sudden idea popped into Yukhei's mind. He bit back a grin as he decided to play it cool. He was a double 'agent' after all.

"By the way, since you two aren't friends or dating..."

"What?

"Do you mind if I try to court her?"

A/N

Yukhei the wingman everyone

I also find it funny I made him a wingman here too

Thoughts?