Part 18

His phone rang and he picked it up with anger thinking it to be someone else. "Hello ! he almost barked into it". Then he saw the name "Khushi" flash on the screen. His voice softened immediately.

Khushi: "Hello." God what's wrong with him? why is he shouting at me. She thinks of hanging up the phone and calling him later.

Arnav: "Khushi .."his tone had softened. "Where have you been? I have been waiting for your call for so long." He says huskily in the phone. Then realizing that it's not the time changes it to "you know that we have very little time. And you have wasted the whole day."

Khushi "but you said that I can call you in the evening and I had the whole day to think over it."

Arnav "ok ok , so what is it" He is waiting with bated breath to hear her say a yes. He could hardly breathe.

Khushi hesitatingly "Yes"

Life begins to flow back, he could breathe and now live with his life for ever. He would never let her ever go away from him. The six months contractual part was only bait that he had thrown at her. In these months he would love her so much that she would never even think of leaving him. He starts smiling and is on cloud nine. He could have given anything to hear this yes. Now it was his turn to punish her for making him wait for so long to hear a yes.

Arnav "yes what"

Khushi " I mean ,.... Yes"

Arnav "Khushi what is this yes for being Ms. Khushi Kumari Gupta or "

Khushi "no ......, I mean yes"

He is enjoying seeing her discomfort. But is not going to let her go off so easily. "So you agree to being ............................."

He leaves the sentence unfinished waiting for her to finish it.

Khushi "yes I agree"

Arnav "agree to what"

Khushi "you know Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada" she has lost her cool too. He was deliberately making it difficult for her to say it. He knew what she is saying. She would feel him smiling.

Arnav "Yes I know, but I want to be sure, so that you don't back out later."

Khushi "what do you mean by back out."

Arnav " you know kind of stuff that, I didn't say yes to this, but meant this." After a pause " so what is it"

Khushi "yes and you know what I mean"

Arnav " no I don't, say it"

Khushi "say what "

Arnav " you know what"

Khushi " OK, so yes , yes to being Mrs. Arnav Singh Raizada." Saying this she angrily disconnects the phone. She would feel the twinkle in his eyes when she said Mrs. Arnav Singh Raizada.

Arnav calls her. She disconnects the phone. He again calls her and she again disconnects it. Now I will show you what playing games is all about. He calls her for the third time. The urge to disconnect is strong but she knows him. If she disconnects now he would be wild with anger and then who ever would come in his way would have to the brunt of it. She picks up the phone and says "hello ".

Arnav "what the? What were you trying to do? Don't ever do that again, how many times have I told you not to do it when I am talking to you."

Khushi smiles. "What Mr. Raizada?"

Arnav "Khushi stop playing games."

Khushi "you started it"

Arnav, after a pause "Ok"

Khushi "what do we do next?"

Arnav "you don't have to do anything now. I will take care of the rest."

Khushi "but"

Arnav "Khushi mana bola na, I'll take it from here. Leave the rest to me. OK. And now take rest and sleep well, the coming days are going to be real hectic." Khushi could sense the change in his tone. They were both thinking on the same lines. Khushi does not want to end the call on this heavy note. She could feel his pain when he had said hectic days ahead. They were going to have a tough time dealing with him.

Khushi to lighten his mood says "Good Night Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada." She knew what to expect and she got just that with the same twinkle and tinkle in the voice "Good Night Mrs. Arnav Singh Raizada."

guys please read the A/N in "OPINION", it has info about further update and the new story I am going to post.