O1 | little bit giddy

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

     "For goodness sake, Cedric Josephine Diggory, I swear to Merlin and Morgana, I will kill you!"

     Through gritted teeth, Samira hissed her warning at her brother, who had just passed her by, pulling out a strain of the disgustingly complex braided hair, just seconds before they spotted the Weasleys climbing up the hill, where the two Diggory twins and their father already surrounded an old leaky boot.

     "Still a bit giddy around dear George, aren't we?", Cedric sniggered, flattering with his ridiculously thick dark eyelashes. "Don't let Roger find out, Sammy, despite for Quidditch matches, he isn't quite font of competitions, you know?"

     "Better don't let anyone find out your second name is Josephine", Samira spat at her brother, trying to rescue her hairstyle, but it was pointless. The loose strain of sandy blonde hair was dangling right in front of her eyes, as if it wanted to ridicule her, and with a frustrated blow, she tried to get it out of her eyesight.

     "My second name is not Josephine", Cedric growled, and there was not much left of his amusement. With narrowed eyebrows, he rolled his eyes at his sister.

     "Your second name is Josephine?", two unison voices sounded from afar, and Samira should have felt bad for it, because the worst thing that could happen to her brother would probably be the Weasley twins actually believing that Cedric's second name was Josephine.

     "Well, that's enough reason to forgive you your bloody Quidditch talent", Fred Weasley announced, as they finally hit the top of the hill, slightly panting and their hair (especially George's) being adorably ruffled, as if he'd just gotten out of bed two minutes ago.

     George laughed, and by the sound of it, Samira decided there was no need to feel bad about anything, because every sacrifice was worth being made, if it just leads to this magical sound of George Weasley's laughter.

     Unfortunately, this was the only kind of attention George ever paid to Samira, and it absolutely pissed her off. How in the name of great Merlin was it possible, that almost every guy was drooling her a river, but the one she fancied since she had first laid eyes on him at the innocent age of eleven, chose to utterly ignore her whole existence? In five years they had barely spoken more than two sentences to each other, and that was even less than Samira had spoken to Mrs. Norris!

     "He likes to be called Josy", Samira started a desperate attempt to make George laugh again, but only a smirk appeared on his lips, and she felt awfully embarrassed. While she never had any difficulties to speak to any boy in the whole castle of Hogwarts, and actually was a witty person, when it came to George, nothing but slurry left her mouth, and so she decided it was best to keep it shut from now on.

     She threw Cedric an apologetic look, but he wore the facial expression of an angry lynx who was ready to kill his prey.

     "Well, Josy", George then said, and immediately all of Samira's attention was again owned by the charming red head, "I agree with Fred. We will forgive you. Mainly, because it won't happen a second time. Right, Harry?", he called over to the younger Weasley children, Harry and Hermione, who stood apart from two twin couples, closer to Mr. Weasley and Mr. Diggory, and obviously hadn't the fuzziest clue about what the elder Hogwarts students had just talked about. The look upon Harry's face was priceless, and his movement - half a nod, half a shrug - had George laughing again, and something inside Samira was melting.

     "Stop drooling", Cedric snapped her out of a not so G-rated scene in her head, that contained herself, George, and very very veeery few clothes ... "Have you even listened? Dad said it's time."

     "Talking about drooling, how much of a boner do you already get when thinking about probably meeting a certain girl later?", Samira whispered at him to not give the Weasley twins any more reason to make fun of Cedric. "Cho Chang, I guess? I swear, her name alone got me cringing."

     Cedric's ears turned red, but he obviously chose to not comment her words. Instead he placed himself next to their father and Mr. Weasley, leaving no room for Samira in this circle they had built around the dirty shoe.

     "Get over here", George said, and she couldn't believe neither her ears, nor her eyes, as she watched him shoving his younger brother Ron aside with a jerk of his bumm, to make room for Samira. "You wouldn't want to miss all the fun, do you?"

     Samira shook her head in the most awkward way possible, and commanded her stupid feet to finally follow George's offer and take her place in that empty space between him and Ron, who's ears turned red, as her arm touched his, and her ears turned even redder, as her arm touched George's, and she swore to all gods, that she would dumb Roger Davies tonight, because touching any part of George Weasley's body was more than she ever had wanted from life.

     But of course she didn't dumb Roger. As they arrived at the campsite, her father greeted him like a second son, and George Weasley vanished with his family deeper down into the village of tents without waving at her, or even throwing her a last glance.

     As Roger's lips pecked hers, Samira was still staring at the back of George's flaming red haired head, before she was forced to take Roger's hand and follow him into the opposite direction of the campsite, where there were no Georges, only two Quidditch obsessed boys and a father that was praising every word they spoke, while sending Samira into their tent to make tea.

     Thank you for nothing, dear fate. Thank. You.

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

please consider to vote / comment on the story to support its success

please consider to vote / comment on the story to support its success. <3