Chapter 4

Edward was standing in front of her, looking as striking as ever. Since both of their last encounters happened after the sunset, she could see her features more prominently. The gray suit fitted him unlike his coat, he was slender and muscular, face shaven, and his eyes dark that always wore confidence were now puzzled, even shocked.

"Edward, right?" She couldn't help but his appearance made her curious.

He stepped out, leaving the elevator empty. "What're you doing here?"

"I came here to pick my dad up," she told him.

"Your dad?" His eyes narrowed. "He works here?"

"No, no. He is here for a negotiation. We have a lawsuit going on." She said, then turning alert, she eyed him suspiciously. "What are you doing here? Wait, do you work here? Judging by your suit you look someone important here."

He didn't speak immediately like he always does. There was something about his expression. It seemed like he was distracted. She leaned her head closer, inspecting him, but he didn't react for another second. "I think we shouldn't talk here."

She was baffled. "Why not?"

"That lawsuit you are talking about. People might get the idea that I might be helping you, immorally."

"So you're important here."

"At the moment, yes!" He said. "How about we talk in my car?"

"Actually, I need to get to my dad."

"I need five minutes." He met his eyes, they were pleading.

She agreed and taking the elevator to the base of the building, they reached the parking space. Several cars were parked, aligned perfectly, and over their heads were the lights that illuminated the place.

"What is it you wanted to talk about?" She asked, walking next to him.

"You remember the day on the rooftop." He said and when she nodded, he continued. "You talked about your business venture, right?"

"Yes, but what about it?" She was impatient. Probably not the kind of topic she was expecting for a discussion. "Why are you asking me about that?"

"I want to know about it more." He said, taking a turn, and pulling out his car keys.

"Why?"

"I'm feeling inspired a bit."

"About what?"

"You'll know once you tell me more."

She watched him tentatively, hoping to get further explanation for his sudden interest. When she knew he was waiting for her, she spoke. "Well, it's a work in progress." Still unable to get further reaction, she continued. "I mean I'm working on it. I'm tapping into the fashion industry, clothes of all sorts of design, something like that."

"How far are you with it?"

His naturalness about it was appalling. "Why are you so worked up about it? You tell first."

"I'd like to collaborate. A partnership to be specific."

"What are you saying!? A partnership?"

"You heard it right. I have a similar idea going on in my mind for a long time. And that day when we talked, I felt it was the moment that made me take this step. But I need help. I can't do it alone."

"You have a job," she glanced him up and down like a scanner. "A good one without a doubt."

"I told you earlier I was a freelancer. They needed one and I was here. Big deal."