˗ˋ 17

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH A SILVER THREADED BLANKET FALLS

. . .

James and Tiger had emerged from passageway, from behind the one-eyed witch statue. It had taken then about forty-five minutes to walk through the passage way, and due to dark, Tiger and James had ended up holding hands the whole way back, Tiger actually insisting on it, due to certain parts being slippery and the girl more often not would slip.

Not that James minded - in fact, it just made him smile the whole way back. And blush to somewhat extreme measures when he would feel the grip on his hand tighten for just a split second, when he had almost gotten used to holding Tiger's hand, because she would lose her balance.

But as they stepped out from behind the statue, they were greeted by a wave of uniforms. Obviously, they had missed dinner. "It's fine, we'll just go to the kitchens, right?" Tiger said, and although James looked a little disappointed, he nodded.

"Come on then." James tugged Tiger's arm, not having fully registered that she hadn't let go of her hand, and they began to descend down the stairs, pushing past the other students. Which proved to be a harder job than anticipated, seeing as the majority were making their way up the stairs, rather than down it like James and Tiger were attempting.

"Tiger!" A voice called out, and a few steps below them, Lydia was stood, waving at them. The girl made her way to the side of the stairs which James and Tiger were on, and waited for the pair. "Hi James." She smiled, her eyes briefly darting down to their hands.

And James held his breath, waiting for Tiger to pull her hand out of his grip, but she never did. "Hey Lydia, is everything alright?" She asked instead, seeming to have not reacted to it at all.

"Yeah, just me, Marnie and Lils were wondering where you were at dinner." Lydia smiled, gasping quietly when she was elbowed. "Everything's fine right?" She asked, rubbing her side.

"Oh yeah sorry, I ended up forgetting to get stuff in Hogsmeade." Tiger nodded down at the bags balanced on her wrist. "James said he would stay with me and then bring me back safetly." She smiled.

"Oh ok. Do you want me to take anything up to the dorm for you?" Lydia asked. "I'm going up now if you want me to."

"Just this one please." Tiger passed one of the bags to Lydia, and after a brief few words, the girl and boy continued down the stairs, and even when reaching the bottom of it, where the students weren't as crowded, Tiger's hand was still firmly holding James's hand.

James directed them down a corridor, then pulled out a slightly rusty key, pushing open the door which was in front of them. It was a slightly dust, but otherwise normal-looking classroom.

After putting the rest of her bags down in there, Tiger and James turned back to the way they came, walking towards the door off of the entrance hall which opened up to the staircase that led down to the kitchens.

"Mr Potter, Miss Howell." A voice rang out, and they turned to see Professor McGonagall stood there. "Mr Filch was under the impression that you had not yet returned from Hogsmeade."

"I couldn't tell you why, Professor. Me and James came back with everyone else." Tiger shrugged, looking back at James, who nodded, instantly going along with what the girl was saying.