Kanan

I rolled over and went to snuggle up to my husband but stopped. I let out a sigh and set up. I looked at the empty space beside me and shook my head. It had been five years already and yet it still felt like yesterday he was beside me. It felt like yesterday he was cracking jokes about the crew being our children and Zeb and Hera the annoying uncle and Aunt that spoil the kids.

"Mommy!" A voice yelled.

I let out a sigh and climbed out of bed. I walked towards my son's room and opened the door to see him holding his covers over his face.

"(S/n)? What's wrong?" I asked softly.

"There is a monster in my closet." He whined.

I held back a laugh and walked towards the closet. I opened the door and turned on the light.

"See my love, nothing here... want me to lay beside you?" I asked softly.

He nodded his head and I set on the bed and pulled him closer to me.

"Mommy... can you tell me about daddy?" He asked softly.

"Of course." I said with a small smile.

"Tell me about when daddy told you he loved you."

I let out a laugh and smiled at the memory.

Past

I glared at the cause of everything bad that had ever happened to me, Kanan Jarrus. Since I had met him he had brought nothing but trouble.

"This is your fault." I growled out.

"I'm sorry! How was I suppose to know we would get captured!" He yelled.

"You should of used your Jedi abilities and saw it!"

"That's not how they work!"

"Then they are useless."

He let out a groan and tried to get us untied again.

"Ezra will have a field day with this." Kanan whispered as he tried to untie the knot.

"Yes he will love this. Sabine won't let me live it down... thanks to you."

"Well you're welcome." He said as he untied us.

I rolled my eyes and went to the door. I looked out and tried to see if I could find any way out. I saw that there was keys across the hall and hit Kanan's shoulder and pointed to them.

"Get those and we are free." I whispered.

"Yea, yea." He said as he rolled his eyes.

He got the keys and we quickly made our escape or tried to. We got cornered and Kanan quickly picked me up and ran. When we made it to a cave, I saw we had lost them.

"You can put me down." I said as I looked up at him.

"Right, Sorry." He said as he set me down.

I moved my arms away from his neck and went to look around.

"Why do you hate me so much?" Kanan asked after awhile.

"I don't hate you and that's the problem." I said softly.

"What do you mean?"

"You.. you are so infuriating. You get me into more trouble then anyone I've ever met and it makes me so mad."

"Then why stay?"

"Because I can't hate you! I've tried believe me I have tried. But you do this stupid smile and I melt!" I yelled as I turned to glare at him.

I saw a smile on his face and I let out a groan.

"That smile! Right there! It makes me so mad!" I yelled.

"Well your smile isn't any better! I mean do you know how angry I get when I see you smiling and laughing with Ezra and the others! I mean I should be the only one who makes you smile like that!" He snapped.

I looked at him shocked and he let out a sigh.

"Do you know how hard it is to see you all friendly with them?" He asked as he looked down at me.

"Kanan... I-"

"Do you know how hard it is to see the woman I love act like she hates me?" He asked softly.

"You love me?"

"Have for awhile."

I smiled softly and grabbed his shirt and pulled him in a passionate kiss. He let out a sigh and wrapped his arms around my waist and gently kissed me back.

"I love you too." I whispered against his lips.

Present

"And then we had you about a year later." I said with a small smile.

"I miss him." My son said softly.

"I do too, but he is in the force.... and he is at peace." I said as I hugged him.

He nodded his head and I let out a sigh as he fell asleep. I looked out the window and felt a tear stream down my face as I saw that it was raining.

"I miss him too." I whispered.