2

Marinette happily waved at Alix, who began to rollerblade home. Alix gave her a backwards peace sign as a simple 'good-bye.' The blue-haired teen put her hands together, stretching. Time for a night of patrol. There had been no akuma sightings lately, but it was still a good idea to check anyway.

It was also a good workout - the huge pot of jiaozi and wontons that Sabine had made filled Marinette to the brim. She let out an exhale of relief after hearing the satisfying crack from her back. 

Marinette did a couple more stretches before returning to the inside of the patisserie. "Going on patrol, Marinette?" Sabine asked, holding a laundry basket. "Yup! I won't be gone long though. No akuma sightings yet!" Sabine cracked a smile, putting her left hand on Marinette's shoulder. "Promise me you won't get hurt?" Marinette beamed back at her mother. "Of course!" 

The ladybug heroine climbed up the ladder to her bedroom, practically smashing through the trapdoor. "Oh, Tikkiii!~" Marinette closed the heavy circular door beneath her. "Where are you?" she got onto her knees, peeking underneath her bed where Tikki would occasionally write her extremely smutty fanfictions of her fellow kwami friends.

There wasn't any hint of Tikki underneath the bed besides an open doll notebook and the broken piece of pencil lead that the kwami would write with. Marinette grabbed the little notebook, taking a quick lil' snoop at what her little friend had been writing. It was hard to read due to the size, but Marinette did manage to figure it out:

'Kiss me, Damyion. And then we can sail off into the sunset... just me and you. 

But, Marionettie. I cannot.

Why, my love?

My father, Brucipher, shall never allow. My siblings would create horrid things about you; spreading rumors to everyone in the grand city of Got Ham. 

Then... come join me. In the city of love. My parents, Sabean and Thomas will accept you. You will be treated like a king.'

The frantic writing stopped at the bottom of the page. Marinette blinked, slowly closing the book. Those names all sounded very familiar. Marionettie? Brucipher? Got Ham? Thomas? SABEAN?!

Marinette shook it off. She needed to find Tikki. Using her bed as a 'help you stand up' thing, she walked over to her rack covered in multi-colored fabrics. She lifted off most of the pile, tossing it onto the floor. Tikki would sometimes crawl into a different section of the pile, curling up in there due to the thick layers and warmth. 

"Tikki?" the Parisian girl checked under each layer of fabric, feeling around for Tikki. Nothing but lost buttons and the occasional prick of the finger from a leftover pin. Marinette brought the messy stack of fabrics back to the top of the rack, moving on to her desk. 

For a second, Marinette thought her bright red stress ball was Tikki, only to be fooled. She rummaged around her desk, sweeping aside larger items, praying that Tikki was possibly hiding behind a picture frame or her computer monitor. 

No luck. Marinette sat down, panicking. Where the hell was her kwami? Tikki? Hello? In her state of 'what the fuck am I going to do,' her bluebell eyes caught the neatly folded note sitting on top of her Ladybug figurine.

Odd.

Marinette snatched it, unfolding it at the speed of light. 

What.

The.

FUCK?!

This couldn't be possible - how could- how did- why?!