12

It was later that day in the early morning Soana, Yuri, and Reid went to the market. The kiosk stands were filled to the edge with fruits, vegetables, and tree nuts. Soana had her focus on the vegetables and fruits while Yuri and Reid had their eyes on the meat at the butcher's shop.

Soana saw the mouth watering look the mother and son had before she got their attention.
"Go ahead. Pick out what you want."

"I want the pork!" Reid cheered.

"Reid!" Yuri scolded then turned to Soana.
"Honey, I don't think we should take from you."

"Yuri, it's fine. Really. You and Reid have to eat something tonight. The empty bellies have starved for too long."

"I understand, but your generosity is very overwhelming. I don't want you providing for me."

"Don't think of it as providing. Think of it as a gift for letting me stay with you."

Yuri slumped in defeat.

"Momma! Could you make Char Siu?"

"Oh, Reid," Yuri sighed then looked to Soana who nodded with a smirk.

"What does it call for?"

Yuri took a deep breath to explain.
"Pork, obviously, soy sauce, salt -we have at home-, sugar -we also have if someone didn't get into it-."
She looked at her son who let his eyes wonder off purposely.

"Okay!" Soana grinned and stared to gather the pork and soy sauce at the butcher's kiosk.

After paying a silver piece for the meat and sauce, Soana gave it to Yuri and started to venture to the vegetable stand where she grabbed a stem of broccoli.

"Gross!" Reid coughed.

Yuri gave her son the side eye and nudged him slightly with her elbow.
"You need to eat your vegetables."

Soana giggled and paid for the broccoli and an armful of other fruits and vegetables using another silver piece. After the grocery trip, the three of them went home with their arms full and Soana's money sack a bit lighter.

"I promise after I get a job I'll pay you back every cent!" Yuri swore.

"Don't!" Soana protested.

"Hey, Soana?" Reid stopped walking and pointed to a news board near the center of the market square.
"Isn't that you?"

The princess turned her head a saw something that she thought she would never see again. It was a portrait of her, but it was when she had long hair and braids entangled together.

失踪 的公主
MISSING PRINCESS

Soana read the title as Yuri was reading the description.
"Betrothed to Prince Zuko of the Fire Nation, a bender of water, healer." She muttered the parts she found surprising. "Reward will be given for a safe return by the order of Firelord Ozai."

Yuri turned back to Soana and frowned.
"You're the princess, aren't you? And be truthful."

Her stomach dropped as she looked around to see if anyone was listening.
"I am." She admitted to Yuri.
"But you have to understand why I left the North Pole. As if a betrothal to the prince of the Fire Nation wasn't bad enough, but drew first blood from my last suitor."