Chapter 5

Yoga and a couple of hours of music always made Estella see things clearly, but this time, the magic was not working. Two days later after she met Edward, all she did was thinking, and more thinking. 

Estella looked over to the piece of paper she was given, she still was not sure whether to trust him or not. She had discussed the proposal to Jay and he was rather supportive, asking her to do a background check on him. 

She agreed. 

The idea to have a co-partner felt like the push she was lacking. She had knowledge, talent, and her will. Up until now, all of the ideas and destination were in her head, but it seems to be taking an opportunity, coming out, into the reality. 

Edward was searching for investors and if she was thinking even remotely right, it was her opportunity that came to her doorsteps. 

Estella tossed the pen she was spinning between her fingers back at its place and picked up her iPhone. No one was going to tell the potential of his business goals and plans unless she personally investigated it. 

From what Jay told her, he indeed was the real deal he claimed to be. He had come home that night carrying a piece of paper with Edward's details. Although there were no such mentions of his work which he claimed to be a freelancer, his profile was clean. 

She still felt somewhere between vivid and vague. Hesitating, she punched his number from the paper Jay brought and gave him a call. No response. 

Seconds later, a text popped up on her screen. You thought about it then? It was him. 

She texted him back. Call me.

I can't call right now. So keep texting. 

I need to know a few things before I come to any conclusion. But not like this. 

Fine. I'll pick you up in an hour. Lunch is on me.

Estella felt like being caught off like that. Her cheeks felt hot, and she looked up, caughting the sight of her image in the mirror, she was red. Brushing the sudden feeling of tingles aside, she texted him not to pick her up and rather tell her where they were supposed to meet. He had not responded to her and half an hour later when Estella was convinced he'd be somehow in front of her house, she decided to get ready. 

The hotness and redness crept its way back to her cheeks when Estella was rummaging through her clothes, hunting down for a dress. She couldn't decide what to wear. Casual or formal. 

It was twenty to two on the clock, she was hurrying with a knee length dress, tights and a jacket. Her hair was pulled into a ponytail, a thin eyeliner and nude lipstick, completing her look for the night. She wanted to look pretty but not to catch his attention. She still was having a second thought if the outfit was appropriate or not. 

Lilah gave her a call from downstairs and she stalked out of her room and made her way to the living room. Edward's appearance in her house still came as a surprise even though he told her he'd be here. She made a note to ask him about it later. 

Edward was sitting next to her father and both of them seemed to be so blended in the conversation, he didn't notice her. 

She stared at him in content, taking in him. He was dressed yet again in a pair of dark coloured shirt and pants. His bright brown jacket made him look warm, his smile that appeared every once in a while as he talked to her father, he looked so attractive. 

"Jay, here she is!" Her mother came from her behind, snapping everyone's attention to Lilah and then her. Estella's eyes met Edward's for a fraction of second and she looked away.