09

Paige

"This is Paige." Aicko introduced me to her friends.

"Hi!" I smiled at them.

They all greeted me with smiles. Just like Aicko, they shared the same lively energy.

Aicko made me dress up in some party clothes so I wore a cream dress one of the clothes that we bought before, partnered with a pair of brown colored heels. It felt uncomfortable but Aicko said that I needed to get used to it. I had my hair down and Aicko bought me some cute earrings to partner with my dress.

Aicko on the other hand wore a stripped sleeveless jumper and ironed her straight hair into soft curls, she matched them with black heels. She was a natural when it came to fashion. Shari had table tennis practice this evening so she couldn't come.

Among the group I spotted some of the Asian royals, I greeted them the proper way.

They rented a club in the square, it had many seats and tables, there was a billiard place and a bar. 

Aicko told me to get a table while she would get us some drinks. I found a table and sat down, suddenly a guy approached me, he was tall, fair skinned and had a pair of cheerful eyes.

"Mind if I sit with you?" he asked.

I didn't want to sound rude so I nodded.

"You're Paige right? "Aicko's friend,"

"Yeah."

"I'm Baek-Hyun." His smile didn't leave his lips.

"Chinese?" I wondered.

He laughed. "No, Korean."

I tried to hide my smile. I remembered Anna, how she loved to meet a Korean gentleman. I miss her and all my friends at home.

We had a small conversation, he was friendly.

"I see you've met." Aicko came carrying a tray of drinks.

A little later a few other people came to our table.

"You're in my Chemistry class right?" a Filipino girl said.

An Indonesian girl added "I saw you on the track team."

We talked a bit then they started drinking. The first time I drunk alcohol was with Aiden, it was new year's eve and our parents permitted us since they were there and so we could experience it, but Aiden and I both agreed that we didn't like it.

But seeing them all drinking made me feel like I wanted to have some of it. I was about to reach for a glass when I stopped myself.

Paige, you're here to study not to drink in clubs. I reminded myself.

I stood up and took my bag. I told Aicko that I was leaving.

"So soon?" she pouted.

"I have something to finish."

A  Chinese guy took another sip from his glass. "But it's a Friday night."

"Sorry." I apologized.

"It's ok." Aicko nodded. "I'll be home late, don't wait for me."