Chapter SIXTEEN

Alexandrea's P.O.V

"Alex?" A tired voice called and I turned to see Daisy. I sent her a tired smile and she raised an eyebrow at me. She walked over to me and sat beside me on the couch. She used her index finger to tilt my chin towards her.

"Honey, why are you up so early? Did you even sleep at all?" she said. It wasn't that obvious was it?

"Of course I did" I said giving her another tired smile while glancing outside and checking the clock. I didn't leave the spot I sat so I didn't realize outside was already bright. I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't realize that it was now 6:00am in the morning.

"Your face tells a different story" she said removing her finger and placing her hands on her lap. "Is there something wrong?"

"Nope not at all. I'm okay" I said tiredly. I'm not okay. At all.

"If you say so. Go freshen up so I'll make breakfast okay?" She said standing up.

"I already freshened up and made waffles for breakfast" I said standing up as well.

"Oh, wow!" She gave me a puzzled look "you definitely didn't sleep" she confirmed.

"Yeah. Some issue came up" I sighed looking at my fingers.

"Okay. If you want to talk about it, I'm here" she smiled and began to warm the waffles in a toaster.

"Yeah. I need to head home, I have no clothes for school" I laughed and she nodded.

"Let me call Nick to drop you home since you don't have a ride I'm guessing" she said and walked towards Nick's door. Honestly, Nick is the last person I want to see right now after what happened last night.

"Nick! Get up, it's past six already!" She yelled and knocked on the door. When she didn't hear any sound, she kept on knocking until a tired looking Nick opened the door, wearing only sweats. Just sweats.

"God! I'm awake!" He groaned frustrated.

"Get some clothes on and drop Alex home" she said not concerned about the fact that he was wearing sweats. I tore my eyes away from his torso and looked on the ground.

"Okay" he said and I heard his door shut again.

" I swear that boy sleeps like the dead" Daisy shook her head and went back to the kitchen. I sat back down on the couch feeling really grumpy. I took a deep breath immediately I heard the door of Nick's room open and close.

"Let's go" he said and I stood up. We reached for the door handle at the same time before I remember bed my hand and stared ahead. He opened it and go out first with me following.

"Hey baby, good morning" he muttered smiling a little as he ran his hands through the side of his car. I would comment about that if the situation wasn't so awkward. He opened the door and slid in the car. The driver's side specifically. I rolled my eyes and got in the passenger's side of the car.

He started driving and I looked out the window with my arms crossed over my chest. Grenade by Bruno Mars started playing on the radio and it made me  remember the first time I entered his car. The car ride was awfully silent and really awkward. Thankfully, after counting every car I saw so I won't be bored, Nick pulled up in my driveway.

"Thanks" I muttered and rushed out of the car. I heard his car drives off some seconds later as I stood in front of the door to my house. I took a deep breath and opened the door, entering.

There was no one in the sitting room and it was really clean like there weren't bottles of beers scattered yesterday. I closed the door behind me and was about to climb up the stairs when I heard my mom's voice.