𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT:AN ARMY OF NEWBORNS AND A BACK STORY

AN ARMY OF NEWBORNS AND A BACK STORY

"SEATTLE IS IN A state of terror." Was what was playing on the television. Emma was sitting on the arm of the couch with Jasper beside her. Carlisle was beside of him, and Emmett was sitting on the top of the other couch as they all looked intensely at the television screen.

"It's getting worse." Carlisle said as Bella and Edward entered the room. He picked up the remote before turning off the TV. "We have to do something."

"It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting." Emma pointed out, glancing towards her brother. He looked at her before looking over to Carlisle and saying, "Quite a few more. They're undisciplined, conspicuous."

"It's newborns." Edward says.

"Well an idiot could've figured that out." Emma retorted with the roll of her eyes.

"What, like new vampires?" Bella asked, turning her head to look at Edward.

"The first few months after the change." Edward started.

"That's when we're at our most uncontrollable, vicious, insane with thirst." Jasper finished, his eyes moving to look up at the brunette.

"Something to look forward to," Emmett smirks.

"No ones trained these newborns." Emma speaks up, looking over at her adoptive father. "This isn't random."

"Someone's creating an army." Carlisle realizes, looking between the two Whitlock siblings before looking over at Edward.

Emmett gets up off the couch, jumping down as he says, "Now we're definitely going to Seattle."

"An army of vampires?" Bella asked in disbelief.

"And they've been created to fight someone." Jasper answers her.

"We're the only clan even close to Seattle." Edward points out with furrowed eyebrows.

"Regardless of why they were made, if we don't put a stop to them the Volturi will. I'm surprised they let it go on this long." Carlisle tells them.

"Maybe they're behind it." Edward suggested. "In Italy I read Aro's mind, he wants me, Emma and Alice to join him. He knows we'll never choose him as long as our family is still alive."

Jasper's jaw clenched at the thought of the Volturi not only wanting to take his mate, but his sister as well. "An army could solve that for him." Jasper snarls. Emma looks at her brother before placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder. He looked up at her and she gave him a soft smile that forced his jaw to unclench.

"I could always go to Seattle and find out who's behind this." Emma suggested with a nonchalant shrug of her shoulders. Jasper looked at her like she was insane. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?"