Insight

This novel and each that follow can be found on all ebook sites. 

Chapter One

I lay here staring at the ominous sky thinking about her...

Some people wonder what their purpose is. They question their dreams—the desire in their heart. Not me. I've always known. I've known from the first time I saw her magnetic, emerald stare. The questioning gaze of the female made of my soul.

I ache for her touch, one not masked by the dreams I visit her in.

Nearly eight new moons have passed since I've visited her dreams. Not seeing her has only made the dreams of our past lives more vivid. The universe along with this creator-forsaken dimension is yearning for me to bring my queen home. Waiting for us to rule a golden age.

Foreboding surrounds the palace.

My mother hasn't looked me in the eye for days, my father is anxious. Donalt, the most powerful ruler I've ever met, the only one in this dimension, is constantly preaching his prophecies about my life. He told me that I'd succeed him. His throne will be mine...when I have her, not a moment before.

I doubt him.

He's a demon, one who has ruled for over four million years. He'll never fall. He has a sinister plan. I can feel it. Sometimes, I swear, I hear him in my mind telling me what to do, what to say.

I fight him with the thought of her.

Those eyes...

With her at my side, we've fought and died together in more lives than I can discern. This life will be different. I refuse to let anything or anyone stop us from being together for eternity—immortality.

The Blue Moon that falls on her eighteenth year is when this pain and anger of not having her near me will end. That is when the power will belong to us.

We will be unstoppable.

~Willow Haywood~

I was terrified...

Humid summer air blew through my open window as I tossed and turned in my sweat soaked sheets. I was trapped in a nightmare. The ruthless dreams where I couldn't sense the people around me, at least, I couldn't sense their emotions—I knew they were there. I could see them.

Nightmares like this had haunted me since I was a kid. The dense weight on my chest was unbearable. I couldn't breathe. Adrenaline hissing through my body gave way to hair-raising chills. Hot. Cold. Holding my breath. Panting. My anxious mind was in control. No matter how many times I told myself to chill, I only became worse.

Going unnoticed by the people in this dream place was normal. They were lost in their own personal hell. Lines gave definition to their troubled expressions. The world around them was as gray as a building summer storm. To lift the weight from my chest and wake, I'd have to find the one who'd called me here, the only one I could sense. If I could feel their emotions, I knew my touch could help.

I pushed my way through the disconsolate streets crowded with souls draped in disdain. I could hear the sound of arguing growing louder. It had to be my way out. The weight on my chest grew stronger, telling me I was right. My fear was near blinding. I kept telling myself no one could see me.

I was a ghost to them.

I was the one who should be feared. I could help or leave them.

At least, I assumed I could leave them. I'd never tried. Help and get out had always been my game plan when I awoke here.