Chapter Three

Chapter Three

This dream was different.

It wasn't the sweet place, or even the nightmare. I was standing next to a large white windmill in the middle of a field. In the distance, I could see a beautiful home. There were gorgeous flowers of every color throughout the field. I knelt down to get a closer look and saw that the petals on the flowers were all different. Some looked like roses, others looked like daisies...it was as if they coexisted, but had no knowledge of one another. Ironic.

Next to me, I found a flower more unique than the others. The petals were deep blue with emerald green tracing through the center. The colors were separate, yet one. I stared in awe as I glanced across the field at the other flowers; they began to sway with a breeze that brushed through the field.

I stood slowly, wanting to explore, when all at once I felt a pull from behind me, the same way I felt when I touched one of my images.

A rush of love, passion, and excitement absorbed my soul.

Nervously I glanced over my shoulder, and there behind me, my blue-eyed boy stood. As I looked in his eyes, I could feel his disbelief. He stepped closer to me and reached his arms out.

I lost my focus and woke without warning.

I cursed under my breath as soon as I figured out I was pulled away from him.

I laid in my bed, trying to find my way back to my dream, but my effort was hopeless. The daylight peered through my open drapes. I sat up and grabbed my sketchpad out of the tote bag beside my bed, then turned to a clean sheet and began to sketch as quickly as I could. I was afraid my memory would leave me before I could call back the details. I sketched the l field and the flowers, highlighting the blue and green ones, by making it larger than the others.

My mind drifted to my blue-eyed boy. I wanted him to have a name, to hear his voice. Most of all, I wanted to find him. For the first time I sketched his addictive image.

I relaxed as I gazed into the sketch that was coming to life. I didn't want to wait two years to find him. I didn't want to face what was in front of me without him. I feared that if I didn't sleep right here in this bed that I would never dream of him again. That hurt.

I could hear my sister and mother giggling in the bathroom next to my room, so I placed my sketchbook in my tote bag and pulled my robe on as I walked to the bathroom.

"What's so funny this early in the morning?"

"Look at this bathing suit I found for Libby," Mom answered.

It was bright yellow with a big smiley face on the front and a sad face on the back.

"It makes sense: happy to see you come, sad to see ya go," I teased.

"I get to go swimming today, Willow!" Libby exclaimed.

"You do? Where?"

"I'm going over to Abby's grandmother's house again."

"I assume you're still going to the lake with everyone today?" Mom said as she tired to gauge where I was with life in general.

"Yeah," I said absently. I wasn't ready to accept I was really saying goodbye today.

"I told everyone we were just taking a trip to Paris to see the school and look for a place. They think we'll be back in a few weeks," mom said.

I glanced to Libby.

"Libby is very excited about our trip," Mom said. As she finished pulling her hair back into a ponytail, Libby smiled up at me, then left the bathroom and went to her room to get her sandals.