1。you

"K-Keiji..." [Y/n] said as she held the second year's volleyball jacket tightly. "Are you sure this is gong to be alright?" [Y/n] asked the older male as they both walked towards the gym where the Fukurodani volleyball club holds their practice.

"You will be fine," Akaashi stopped walking and turned around. Shaking off the [h/c] haired girl's grip off his jacket, Akaashi took the small hand into his and showed a gentle smile. (Fun fact: Akaashi has bigger hands than Bokuto lol) "You were the manager of our middle school volleyball club after all— your skills are fine," Akaashi reassures the younger female. But then, the second year setter stopped and deadpanned at [Y/n]. "Though I have to warn you that our captain is a little extreme and loud. Don't be too scared."

"Keiji, you warned me about him many times. How bad can he be?" [Y/n] asked. Akaashi sweat-dropped.

"It's easier to witness yourself rather than me explaining it," Akaashi responded before going hand in hand to the gym together. The walk was fairly short and quick. Akaashi made sure to stop and look at [Y/n] before opening the door to the gym. From the outside, he could hear his boisterous captain cheer about something.

"Keiji, open the door," [Y/n] said.

"Alright, just go in after I do alright?" Akaashi asked. [Y/n] nodded in response. This was when Akaashi opened the metal door. Because of the loud creak of the door, the players inside looked at who just arrived.

"Oh you're here Akaashi," Konoha said as he waved at their second year setter. "You were a little late— hm?" Konoha tilted his head as he looked at the figure behind their setter. It was then that the gym saw Akaashi's hand being intertwined with a smaller, [skin/colour] hand.

"Akaashi, did you bring your girlfriend?" Komi asked with wide eyes.

"Not quite," Akaashi said as he stepped aside to reveal the [h/c] haired girl standing nervously. "She's [L/n] [Y/n]. She was the manager of my old volleyball club as well as my childhood friend," Akaashi explained. "[Y/n] is here to become another manager," Akaashi's calm demeanour never changed. The setter then looked towards their owl-like captain. Surprisingly, he was quiet— or so Akaashi thought.

"OHHH!" Bokuto's face lit up as he slowly walked towards them with both of his arms open. "HEY HEY HEY! Welcome [Y/n]-chan!" Bokuto beamed.

"Bokuto-san wait—" Too late. The big boy owl already engulfed the potential-manager-to-be in an embrace.

"Oh you're so small and cute," Bokuto said as he stepped back and looked at [Y/n].

"Bokuto, you're just taller than average," Konoha said while walking to get a closer look. It was then that the rest of the team went and formed a little circle around Akaashi and his childhood friend.

"Ah... Nice to meet you! Like what Keiji said, my name is [L/n] [Y/n], a first year!" [Y/n] greeted as she shook of Akaashi's hand and bowed. "I hope we can get along..."

"Hey Akaashi," Sarukui said while slinging an arm across their setter's shoulders, "since when did you have such a cute childhood friend that we never knew of?" Akaashi's lips formed into a thin line as he sighed.

"There wasn't a chance," Akaashi replied.

"Ah, [L/n]-chan I'm sure Akaashi told you but we have two other managers who are both in their third year. They should be coming soon," Komi said while looking at the clock that hung above. "Speaking of which— Oi Shirofuku, Suzumeda!" Komi said while waving behind Akaashi and [Y/n]. This was when the first year girl turned around. When she did, she saw two females walking towards them.

"Hello! Oh?" Who's this?" The girl with the reddish hair said while looking at [Y/n] with curiosity.

"She's going to be our new manager!" Bokuto exclaimed. [Y/n] then turned to the ace-captain and looked. She kinda gets what Akaashi was saying.

🦉

"So why are we here?" Konoha asked while he, Komi and Bokuto hid behind the door as they watched their newly joined manager standing on the rooftop alone with another male.

"My instinct told me to come here," Bokuto said as he darted his owl-like eyes from the boy to their manager.

"Instinct...?"

"Shhhhhh— there is [Y/n]-chan," Bokuto said.

"Bokuto, you're the loudest one here," Komi responded.

"But seriously, that boy has some guts to confess so early into the school year," Konoha said. "Isn't he in your class Komi?"

"Ah... now that you mention it..." Komi said as he sweat-dropped. "He doesn't exactly have the best reputation..."

"Are you sure it's safe for [L/n] then? Should we do something?" Konoha asked. But his answers were all answered as Bokuto slammed open the door and walked towards the two in the middle of the roof. "W-wait Bokuto!" Konoha hissed.

"Geez," Komi sighed as he also followed their owl captain.

"Ahhh, we'll be late for after school practice for sure," Konoha said— following the two.

"Hm? Oh fancy meeting you here, Bokuto, Komi and Konoha," the boy said as he waved at the third years. "I'm kind of busy right now, so it would be a great favour if you guys turn away," the boy then rubbed the back of his head. "You see I'm a little shy..."

"If it's a confession then I'd have to reject," [Y/n] interjected as she crossed her arms.

"Ehhhh I didn't even say anything," the boy whined. "One chance?"

"No... you're not exactly my type... sorry."

"Pfft!"

"Komi shut up!" The boy said, pointing at Komi with an accusing finger.

"You're also rude too." The boy furrowed his brows.

"It would be wise for a first year to not run her mouths like that. Should I—"

"Should you what?" Bokuto asked, unsmiling as his golden eyes stared at the boy intensely.

"Bokuto what are you her bodyguard?"

"Yes. She's my precious manager after all," Bokuto responded to the boy. Konoha sighed but soon a smiled appeared.

"She may have just joined a week ago, but we'd be dammed without her!" Konoha said. Surprisingly, the first year manager and Bokuto had gotten along quite finely. Though Akaashi says it's because [Y/n] had raw experience with babysitting.

"You guys are making me look like the bad guy here..."

"Might as well be..." Komi mumbles.

"Geez. Fine," the boy said while walking away. "It's not worth it anyways."

"I should have kicked him in the balls when I had a chance..." [Y/n] mumbled. "It's my loss..."

"Wait what?"

"Hm nothing at all senpais!" [Y/n] said with a bright smile. "More importantly, thank you!" [Y/n] smiled at the three third years. It seems that everything will go without a hitch if she has Bokuto around.

A/N: I live for cliches lmao.