3. LOTTIE THE HUNGARIAN HORNTAIL

| CHAPTER THREE |

LOTTIE THE HUNGARIAN HORNTAIL.

"WELL DONE, HARRY," DAWN PRAISED the fourteen year old boy, "Lottie's always been a piece of work, but it looks like she let you off easy."

The first task was well and truly over and luckily none of the contesters - or dragons - were badly injured, merely a few scratches and bruises for the humans. The Dragonologists were scattered around the arena, making sure everything was going smoothly, and luckily for them, everything was. The redhead spotted Harry lingered around the medic tent and decided to join him.

Harry looked puzzled, "Lottie?" He asked, tilting his head as he looked at the oldest Weasley sibling. He had met Dawn just before his second year at Hogwarts, after Ron, Fred and George snuck their dad's flying car to come rescue him from his horrid aunt and uncle.

Dawn nodded, grinning, "Yeah, the Hungarian Horntail," She clarified, "Even dragons need names, Harry," The redhead chuckled, patting Harry on his shoulder.

The fourteen year old boy laughed, "Have you spoken to Hagrid yet? I feel like you two would get along swimmingly."

"Hagrid's awesome," Dawn stated, "I've been personally taking care of Norberta for him. She's such a sweetheart."

"Ron was right," Harry muttered. Dawn tilted her head, prompting him to finish his sentence, "You really are a crazy dragon lady."

"Hey! I'm not crazy."

Their conversation got cut short when footsteps neared them, "Well done, Harry," A familiar male voice said.

Turning around, Dawn's eyes landed on the tall figure of Remus Lupin. He wore the same brown tattered suit that he wore when the redhead bumped - quite literally - into him, his hands were shoved in the pockets of his blazer. A small, friendly smile was etched upon his face as he glanced between the two, looking slightly surprised to see Dawn there, "Dawn, hi."

The redhead smiled back, "Hello, Remus," She greeted him softly.

"Thank you, Professor--I mean, Remus," Harry grinned happily, twirling the Golden Egg in his hands. His bright green eyes looked between the two adults, watching them as they kept glancing at one another, "I better get going. Don't want my friends to worry."

"Don't celebrate too hard," Dawn winked after she pulled the teenager into a goodbye hug. With a happy look on his face, Harry quickly scurried off, glancing over his shoulder at Dawn and Remus a couple of times before disappearing behind where the Champion's Tent was located.

"So, I wasn't expecting to see you here," The redhead mumbled, swaying slightly on her heels.

Remus nodded, "Yeah, Padfoot couldn't be here so I came to support Harry," He explained, knowingly fully well that she knew exactly who he meant by that nickname, "I wasn't expecting to see you here," He lied, of course he was expecting the Dragonologist to be there after his conversation with Sirius.

"That's really nice of you," She told him with a wide smile, "Yeah, well, where there's dragons, there I am."

Remus chuckled, his head bobbed slightly, "You got any plans now?" As soon as the words left his tongue he mentally scolded at himself, especially since he sounded like some sort of flustered teenager.

"Back to Romania for the night," The redhead explained, "Someone's gotta take all of these dragons back," She added with a chuckle as she moved some of her bright hair behind her ear.

"Oh, yeah, of course," Remus chuckled nervously, his hand flew to the back of his neck.

"Dawn! Are you ready?" Charlie Weasley's voice cut through the conversation between the pair. 

Glancing over her shoulder, Dawn spotted one of her many younger brothers standing near the Champion's Tent, waving his arms at her, "I'll be right there!" The woman yelled back before letting her eyes wander back to Remus, "That's me then. It was nice seeing you again," She said as she began walking backwards, chuckling nervously when she almost tripped over a rock.

"Yeah, you too," Remus called out, an amused grin spread across his face.

"Hopefully we'll see each other soon," Dawn called out as she got further and further from the older man, a stupid grin on her face before she completely vanished from sight.

Remus' dark eyes stayed glued to the spot she previously occupied. He didn't notice until she was gone how fast his heart was racing. Running his hand through his mousey brown hair, he let out a long sigh, "Hopefully we will."