O2 | a dreamer's dream

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

     "Get in, get in, get in! Close the bloody door, Roger is patroling the train, I don't want him to find me!"

     Nora Grey slipped into the empty compartment with her eyes rolling at Samira, throwing herself into an empty seat. "You know, if you'd just dump him, you'd have a lot less problems, woman."

     "I will have a big problem then, because my dad will disown me", said Samira with a deadpanned look upon her face. "He's already dancing to the sound of our wedding bells, I don't want to kill his vibe."

     The door slid open for a second time, and Samira stared at it with her marble grey eyes widened, but the tension from her shoulder quickly lifted, as she spotted Ian Bones closing the door and pulling the blinds shut.

     "I am in hell!", he groaned, as he fell into the empty seat next to Nora, covering his face with his hands.

     "It's good to see you too", Nora snorted. "Also I'm slightly unamused that I have to spend the upcoming hours with you drama queens."

     "I will simply ignore you from now on", Ian replied, scrunching his nose, before turning to Samira. "How has your summer been, Sam? I mean, I already heard a lot about the Quidditch World Cup and stuff. Must have been quite frightening."

     "Oh, you know, the usual stuff", Samira said, shrugging to loosen her tensed shoulders; she didn't want to talk about the World Cup. It definitely was frightening. "Ced's made prefect, I'm obviously not, but I guess it wouldn't have made any difference if I was, because Dad's already seeing Ced as a shiny headboy."

     "Nobody wants to be a prefect, love. Where's the fun in that? The only good thing about it would have been taking points from stupid people for the most lousy reasons, so ... Ah well, it would have been pretty cool." Ian sighed dramatically. "But it was kinda obvious that Dumbledore would choose Cedric and Gina, they're the imprints of a classical Mary-Sue! I wonder if Ced's going to be the Hogwarts champion, I mean, he's absolutely made for stuff like that."

     "Champion?", Nora asked, cocking an eyebrow at Ian. "What champion?"

     But Ian just looked out of the window, acting as if he haven't heard a word of Nora, who groaned and said, "Sam, would you please?"

     "Champion?", Samira repeated Nora's question. "What champion?"

     "You haven't heard of it?", Ian asked, his eyes behind the black rimmed glasses grew wide, and Nora next to him shot him a death glare. "I thought your father would definitely tell you and Ced! Oh blimey!" He leaned forward in his seat, all excited. "Two words: Triwizard Tournament!"

     "No shit!", Nora exclaimed, now as much excited as Ian. "You have to be kidding!"

     Ian chose to go on ignoring her, and Samira threw him a warning gaze. She had witnessed this behaviour of her best friends often enough to know where this would end - and it would turn out quite painful for Ian, because Nora's temper wasn't one of the calm seas, but a tsunami wave on full speed crushing into the shore, if you were stupid enough to dare her.

      "Am not", Ian said after two more seconds of hesitation, but obviously he decided that it was wiser to not wake the sleeping badger. "They've been planning it the whole summer. My mother was involved in this whole construction, she said she should keep it a secret, but other ministry workers will probably tell their kids as well, so ..."

     "Nice to know where your gossip attitudes have their origin", Samira muttered under her breath, but Ian didn't seem to hear her.

     "I had to promise my mum to not participate. Highly dangerous stuff, she said, though they have worked out high security measures, but still she doesn't want me to."

     "I agree with her", Nora snarled. "You're the one to cry over papercuts, and this tournament is about catching a chimaera while wearing a bacon suit."

     "Wow, that's really a thing, is it?", Samira chimed in, before the two of them could start another quarrel. "But didn't people actually die in this tournament? I heard they cancelled it, after all champions got murdered by a Basilisk they were supposed to defeat or something like that?"

      "Yes, and after that they hadn't dared to hold the tournament for hundreds of years", Ian explained, his eyes still glimming wildly by the thought of the thrill that was coming for them. "But mum said, they made sure no one will die this year."

      "Oh, you know what this also means?", Nora suddenly exclaimed. "Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students will come to Hogwarts! Dozens of crispy french butts!"

      "Forget about the french guys, the school will actually be crowded with dozens of nordic wikings from Durmstrang!", Ian cheered. "I even heard that Viktor Krum is one of them!"

      "You have no chance with Viktor Krum, Ian, my brother will actually drool him to death", Samira groaned. The whole summer long her brother had been talking about nothing but Viktor Krum, and the antipathy Samira already held against this guy couldn't be mended, even if he brought her flowers and cake.

      "Believe me, love, if your brother was gay, he'd already be mine."

      After a second of silence, the three of them bursted out laughing, and as Ian and Nora started talking about the tournament again, Samira's mind faded into a day dream of herself as a champion, with the whole school cheering at her, and her father's proud face in the midst of the enthusiastic crowd. And as she held the trophy of her triumph up high over her head, a freckled face with flaming red hair emerged out of the masses of admirers, and George Weasley swept her off her feet, twirling her around, before his lips finally crashed onto hers.

     "Why are you smiling like an idiot?", Nora asked, tearing Samira out of her daydream.

      "Oh, nothing, nothing. But I guess I will have to get into this tournament, though."

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

please consider to vote / comment on the story to support its success

please consider to vote / comment on the story to support its success. <3