Episode 6 - All Hell's Breaking Loose

I've been avoiding Kai for the past few days. He is poison to me. Everything he says and does is intoxicating. He makes me question who I am. He makes me rethink my choices. He makes being good seem possible. It's not, and I know it's not. But still. He makes me feel things that I don't want to feel. Its annoying and I definitely don't like it.

"If you guys are done fooling around, I could use you guys on the bridge. We do still have a snake problem to attend to. Over and out!" Nya's voice rings over the loud speaker.

I let out a sigh. They must've finished the lesson Lloyd told me about. 'The Power of Rumors' he says its called. I've never really understood rumors. I understand what they are, I just don't get why people use them. I guess it is a good way to manipulate your way into a powerful position, but they're useless against a person who doesn't care. Rumors are only powerful when used against the insecure. That's the cold hard truth. If a person is insecure, then rumors can easily destroy them, but if a person isn't, rumors are useless. But that's the point of the lesson: teach the ninja the true power words can have against the weak minded.

"You do know I can hear you... over and out!" Nya's voice rings again. One of the boys must've said something offensive. With a sigh, I go to the Bridge.

        ~

"Last we heard of Pythor, he stole the Map of dens from Lloyd and is now on his way to open the last two Serpentine tombs," Nya begins once we're all gathered.

"Ugh, don't remind me," Lloyd groans. I pat his back, hoping to reassure him.

"Pythor's our most dangerous threat. If he finds those tombs before we do, with his intellect and all four tribes unleashed, there's no telling what he'll do," Uncle Wu says.

"But those tombs could be anywhere. Without that map, we might as well be throwing darts at a map!" Jay complains.

"Good idea! Why don't we!" Nya says. She throws two darts at a map of Ninjago. "These are the two locations of the Hypnobrai and Fangpyre tombs."

"Show off," Kai grumbles.

"And this is Pythor's tomb," she continues, adding another dart to the board. "After many hours of ruminating on why the tombs where placed in these three precise locations, I discovered a secret pattern. If you notice, all three are in line with the Ninjago symbol for Serpent."

"So the last two tombs must be here and here!" Jay concludes, pointing to the map. "You are so smart."

Nya chuckles. "Was there ever any doubt?"

"There's little time. Kai and Jay, you head to the Venomari Tomb. Cole and Zane, you take the Constricti Tomb. And take this-- "Wu hands them the Sacred Flute-- "You might need it if you run into Pythor. Good luck, Ninja."

"What am I gonna do?" Nya asks hopefully.

"Yeah, what are we gonna do?" Lloyd says snobbily.

"Nya, I need you here to make sure Lloyd doesn't get into any more trouble," Uncle replies.

"What about Tasha?" Nya retorts.

"I need her to come with me," Uncle says sternly.

Nya rolls her eyes. "Yes sensei."

       ~

"Have you had any visions recently?" Uncle asks, shutting the door to his room.

"N-no," I reply. His question really caught me off guard.

Uncle Wu purses his lips. "I need you to try."