e l e v e n

She was nervous. Very nervous. She couldn't remember the last time she had been so nervous about something, or someone.

But it wasn't the type of nervous she wanted to run away from. No, it was the type that she wanted to look straight in the eye and wait, until she felt her anxiety melt away and be replaced with nothing but bliss.

As she walked down the street in a casual dress and a comfortable pair of low heels, she fidgeted with her hands and looked around. The city was busy, per usual, but it comforted her.

After all, cities were perfect for lonely souls.

When she finally arrived at the jazz club, she was surprised to see him already there. Punctuality seemed to be yet another admirable trait of his.

He didn't seem to notice her yet, since he was looking to the side. She quietly crept up to him and cleared her throat. "Hi."

"Oh, hey, Rose," he smiled, before taking a moment to look at her fully. "Wow. You look beautiful, as always."

"Thank you," she murmured, feeling her cheeks flush, and he nodded cheerfully.

"Look, I brought some piña coladas for our adventure today," he said, handing her a foam cup that was hidden behind his back.

She brightened. "You're so thoughtful, Blue."

They both sipped their frozen drinks for a moment before she took a deep breath and dusted off her clothes. He watched her in amusement as she marched forward, raising the piña colada like it was a sword. "Onward! We have much to see and not enough time!"

"Yes, ma'am," he said, deepening his voice, then quickly caught up with her.

She had spent the entire night planning their day out, because she wanted it to go perfectly. She wanted to show him everything her city had to offer, from the best cafe to the best museum to the best library to the best monument to the best park to the best garden, everything.

So, that's exactly what she did. And although he enjoyed every place she took him to, nothing seemed to fully impress him. She was determined to change that.

"Okay, this is the last place of the day. Close your eyes," she told him, trying as hard as she could to hold back her excitement.

He raised an eyebrow at her. "Close my eyes?"

"Yes, I know it sounds weird, but I promise it'll be worth it and I'll make sure you don't fall or anything, but if you don't want to, I totally understand because it's silly and—"

"Alright, alright," he chuckled at her rambling. "I trust you."

She blinked, feeling her heart soar all the way to the moon at his words. "You do?"

"Of course. You're going to hold my hand though, right?" he questioned; she nodded vigorously before taking his hand in hers.

He felt her stiffen for a second and gently closed his hand around hers. She looked up at him, but he had already closed his eyes. She smiled, then slowly led them inside the large building.

He let her tug him along, listening to the various chatter all around him, which made only made his curiosity grow. They came to an abrupt stop, but he didn't open his eyes just yet.

"Tickets, please?" an unfamiliar voice asked. He felt her move and retrieve something from her purse, without letting go of his hand. "Thank you, ma'am. Hope you enjoy."

They then began to walk again until she reached forward to open the door. She tightened her grip on his hand. "Watch your step here."

They walked a little further, and he noticed the chatter had significantly increased. She slowly pulled him to the side, then let go of his hand. "Okay, you can sit."

"Can I open my eyes?"

"Yes."

She watched as his eyes flew open, his eyebrows furrowing. He turned to her. "Where are we?"

"You'll see," she smiled, and he opened his mouth to say more when the lights suddenly began to dim. He looked around, seeing that were rows of seats behind them, but it was what was in front of that interested him.

"Red curtains..." he whispered as it started to dawn on him. But before he could ask her, the lights were completely turned off and the curtains opened. He looked at her with wide eyes. "Are we at a concert hall right now?"

"The city's finest actually," she grinned, and he gaped at her. "Don't look at me, look at them!"

As he gazed at the orchestra band before them, she gazed at the man beside her. He looked like a child at a toy store, happy and excited. It was a beautiful sight to her, and it was exactly what she had been looking forward to.

She then turned to the stage to appreciate the music, and froze when his hand suddenly found hers again. They locked eyes as he lifted her hand to his lips, leaving a tender kiss.

"Thank you, Rose," he whispered softly, and she smiled.

"You're welcome, Blue."