𝗖𝗵. 𝟴

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝘈𝘯 𝘌𝘹𝘱𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘧 𝘔𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝘈𝘯 𝘌𝘹𝘱𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘧 𝘔𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"SO... WHERE DO I GET something to eat around here?" Sokka asked as he put his hand to his stomach with a grumpy look on his face. It hadn't even been a whole of ten minutes since they had all started walking down the paths of dirt on the mountainside where the Southern Air Temple had rested for centuries, and yet, the Water Tribe boy had been complaining about the lack of food for the entirety of the time that they were busy touring around the place that Aang and Elua had called their home for as long as they could both remember.

Katara scoffed at her brother as she turned her gaze over towards him, "You are lucky enough to be one of the first outsiders to ever visit an Air Temple, and all you can think about is food?" she asked with a raised brow of confusion and annoyance.

"Hey," Sokka said as he slightly raised his arms up in mock surrender, "I'm just a simple guy, with simple needs," he told her with a careless shrug of his shoulders. They both stopped bickering when all of them reached the end of a pathway that guided them to stand at an overlook of the many courtyards within the grounds of the temple.

"That's where my friends and I would play airball," Aang informed the two Water Tribe siblings as he pointed over at a playing field below, where there were tall wooden poles stuck into the ground with two backboards on either side of the maze that looked old and worn down with its age, "And over there would be where the bison would sleep, and..." he trailed off with a heavy sigh as his shoulders began to slump into a sense of sorrow for the place that sat right before his eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"This place... it used to be filled with Monks, lemurs, and bison," Elua said as she looked over at the lands around herself with her brother by her side. "It's all just a bunch of weeds and dead land now," she spoke with a tone of grief, images of what it all once was flashing before her eyes, a time when this was a place of peace and harmony that now seemed to have been replaced with one of chaos and disparity.

The long green grass that once grew up from the ground was gone, replaced by the dry dirt and particles of sand. The trees that once flourished with greenery and fruit were no longer, either, simply just lifeless twigs and cracked barren wood that had been deprived of water for far too long. The flying bison were no more, most likely abolished or fled the lands when whatever happened here, happened. The peaceful and tranquil haven that the Southern Air Temple had once been, was now just a place of dread and impending silence... it wasn't a place that she could feel safe in anymore.

Aang sighed heavy-heartedly as he stared out at everything, "I can't believe how much things have changed," he said sorrowfully, completely ignoring the wind that blew over and through his yellow and orange robes, simply just standing in his grief adjacent with his sister's as neither one of them said anything else.