nineteen

⁀➷

⁀➷

For lunch, the group ordered Chinese takeout. Once it arrived, they brought it into the conference and continued their research.

"Quill said he stole the Power Stone from Morag." Rocket explained.

"Is that a person?" Scott questioned.

"Morag's a planet," he replied. "Quill was a person."

"Like a planet? Like in outer space?" Scott asked.

"Aww, look. It's like a little puppy, all happy and everything," Rocket teased, ruffling Scott's hair. "Do you wanna go to space? You wanna go to space, puppy? I'll take you to space."

Scott did not look impressed and pouted as Rocket made fun of him. Ophelia cracked a smile at that, then shoved noodles into her mouth.

After lunch was over, a select few moved back to the planning room to talk about the soul stone.

"Thanos found the stone on Vormir," Nebula stated.

"What is Vormir?" Natasha asked, writing down notes on a notepad.

"A dominion of death at the very center of Celestial existence," Nebula answered. "It's where...Thanos murdered my sister."

"My father warned me of Vormir. No one goes there because it is a wasteland. There's never been life there since the beginning of time," said Ophelia.

Everyone stared at the two before giving awkward looks at each other.

"Not it," Scott muttered.

Once their research was complete, Steve rounded everyone up for the final plan.

"All right, we have a plan," Steve announced, staring at the holographic screens of the stones. "Six stones, three teams, one shot."

Everyone dispersed in order to suit up. Steve and Ophelia walked side by side to their old rooms.

"Takes me back," he said.

She glanced at him and smiled. "But this time, it will be different. It will turn out better."

He nodded and grabbed her left hand, pulling her back. He brought her ring finger to his lips and kissed the ring. "It has to. I was so nervous to propose. You're a princess. How was I supposed to propose?"

She chuckled. "You did wonderful, Steven, even through your rambling and getting lost in your own thoughts."

"We'll get back from this mission in one piece, we'll get everyone back, then we'll plan our wedding," he promised.

"One thing at a time, Steven. We'll talk more later. We must get ready." She kissed his cheek and walked off.