twenty

⁀➷

⁀➷

The Avengers walked toward the quantum portal in their quantum suits, walking up the steps until they stood on the portal.

"Five years ago, we lost," said Steve, looking at everyone. "All of us. We lost friends, we lost family, we lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. That doesn't mean we should know what to expect."

Ophelia stood next to Steve and rolled her shoulders back in preparation.

"Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives," Steve announced.

Tony looked at Steve with a smirk. Ophelia glanced at Thor, who seemed to be dreading every moment.

"And we're gonna win," declared Steve. "Whatever it takes."

Rocket raised his eyebrows, amused. "He's pretty good at that."

"Right?" Scott grinned.

They all got in position, as Tony looked over at Bruce. "All right. You heard the man. Stroke those keys, jelly green," demanded Tony.

"Tractors engaged," said Bruce.

Rocket looked up at Clint, who was holding his shrunken ship. "You promise to bring that in one piece, right?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah," Clint answered. "Okay. I'll do my best."

"As promises go, that was pretty lame," Rocket retorted.

Natasha looked at Steve with a smile. "See you in a minute."

As the portal started to open, everyone's helmets automatically shielded them. Within a few seconds, they were plunged into the deep space of the quantum realm, as everyone went into their respective timelines.

Ophelia was used to traveling through the Bifrost in the past, so the quantum tunnel did nothing to her stomach. Meanwhile, Thor looked ready to possibly throw up.