surprises (requested)

Hailee pressed her phone back to her ear, desperate for you to answer her call and to hear your voice.

You haven't seemed to answer her calls. This is your tradition. It's how she calms her nerves before each show; by hearing your voice, by hearing your comforting words. But tonight you're not answering her and although she's growing worried there sadly isn't much she can do.

There was a knock on her dressing room door just as she reached your voicemail again. "Yeah?" She yelled out. As she does every night, she wished it was you standing behind that door. But it never is, and tonight is no exception.

"Hailee? Three minutes till you need to be on stage."

She sighed and placed her phone down on the table. She stared at the photo she has on her lock screen; the two of you on a vacation you took together just a few weeks before she had to leave. She usually loves to look at that photo but for some reason, it's only making her heart ache tonight. She misses you like crazy and being away from you only seems to be harder each and every day.

She took a good look in the mirror and took a deep breath before getting up and heading down the long hallway. Everyone wished her good luck and she flashed them all a fake smile. As much as she loves performing, she kinda can't wait for tonight's show to be over. She hoped that when it was, you'd be calling her back and would be there to talk to her.

Suddenly, the screams of thousands of fans filled her ears. She smiled happily, her mood brightening up as it always is when she's surrounded by so many people who love and look up to her.

She started to sing 'love myself' and playfully danced across the stage. She went to the edge and stuck out her hand. She giggled as they excitedly grabbed on and squeezed it tightly. Her mind was still running anxiously, but she was starting to let herself go. After all, these fans came to have a good time and she was determined to give them just that.

It was a few songs later when she was moving onto 'rock bottom'. But this time around, something felt different. She tried to carry on as usual, but when the sound of the screams heightened and she turned her head to the side and saw what the fans were seeing, the lyrics got caught in her throat.

She took a sharp breath. She couldn't take her eyes off of... you.

You stood in the very front row. Fans were pointing to you excitedly and when you caught your girlfriend's eye you sent her a big grin and waved to her. She rushed to the edge of the stage and when Hailee stuck her hands out she happily took them.

She pulled on your hand to pull you closer. She wrapped her arms around you and let her head fall to yours. Tears fell from her eyes. She couldn't help it. She just loved you so much and after having spent so much time away from you and you just show up out of nowhere... she had no control over her emotions.

"Oh, y/n! I'm so happy that you're here! I was so worried about you today. You didn't answer my calls or-"

"I'm sorry, baby." You interrupted. "I was on the plane and when I saw that you had called I was so close and I was afraid that I'd spoil the surprise if I called you back or answered that last call you gave me! And I'm so sorry that I've missed part of the show but,"

"But you're here now. How could I care about any of that when you're right here in front of me?"

Her words made a bright smile appear on your face. You didn't care that all eyes were on the two of you. There, at that moment, it felt like it was only you and her. You didn't care about anything else as you leaned in and brushed your lips lightly against hers then pulled her in for a passionate kiss.

"I love you! I'm so happy to be here."

Hailee wiped a tear from her cheek. "Love you too."

Suddenly, you were brought out from your daze but screams in your ears. She looked around and remembered that you weren't alone. You both laughed and her forehead fell against yours. With a peck to her cheek, you rubbed her arm and pointed back to the stage.

"Go on, superstar! You have a show to finish!"

She giggled but nodded her head in agreement. "We'll finish this after the show." She promised and then stood back up, making her way back to the center of the stage and continuing where she left off.

You love to see her perform, but you couldn't wait for the show to finish so you could kiss her a little more.