𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

"Okay, convince me."

Rafe and I had agreed to meet at his dock this morning, "bright and early" as he'd said the day before. I'm not sure if he really knew what that meant considering the fact that we planned to meet at 9:30am. Maybe this was early for him?

He smirked at me as I walked up closer to him. My eyes scanned down his body, he wasn't wearing his normal Kook uniform which was strange. Instead of his normal khaki shorts and collared shirt, he was wearing athletic shorts and a long sleeve. Different, interesting.

"You ready, Bambi?" the nickname still weirded me out, but I guess Rafe liked dealing out nicknames. I stayed in my spot as he turned to walk towards the yacht behind him. A laugh poured out of my mouth. He paused and turned around, a confused look on his face. "What?"

I gestured to the large boat behind him, "You do realize taking me out on your yacht isn't helping you prove that you're not a Kook King." His face fell. That's when I saw his eyes switch from me to the boat and then back to me.

It was like I had ruined his entire plan for the day.

Sucks for him though. How are you supposed to prove to someone that you're not a "Kook King" by taking someone for a ride on your almost $1M yacht?

"Um, come with me."

I blindly followed behind him as we walked back through his yard, back toward the front of Tannyhill. Male voices could be heard approaching us. That's when I saw the nervous look on the Cameron boy's face. A yelp escaped my mouth as Rafe quite literally, shoved me into the bushes.

Before I could climb back out and slap him in the face for his actions, I saw Kelce and Topper stop in front of him. "Were you back here with someone?" Topper questioned. "Why're you wearing your gym clothes?" That was Kelce.

He shoved his fingers through his hair, "Nope, all alone." My eyes followed Topper as he looked down at Rafe's side. That was when I finally noticed the basket the dirty blonde was holding. How did I not see that before? "A picnic basket? You planning on having one by yourself?"

Did he plan to have a picnic on the Druthers today?

Rafe shrugged at Topper's question, electing to ignore it all together. "I'm leaving, so scram." His voice sounded like venom. The two Kooks scoffed and rolled their eyes, retreating back to their vehicles.
I waited in the bushes, ignoring the fact that I was most definitely standing in a red ant hill. Rafe's fragile reputation clearly needs to be protected and having "baby pogue" around would for sure do some damage.

After hearing a vehicle start up and the sound of a car driving away, Rafe walked over to the bushes where I hid. He set the basket down and held out his hands for me to take. Reluctantly, I gripped both of his hands, ignoring the feeling that I got when our skin touched, and stepped out of the shrubbery.

I slapped him across the face. His face held a look of shock on it. "Don't fucking push me into a bush, Rafe Cameron." He groaned, rubbing his cheek. "I guess I deserved that."

After Rafe picked the basket back up, he grabbed my elbow and led me to the front of the house. He unlocked his truck and walked over to the passenger side, opening the door for me. "In." I nodded and climbed inside, Rafe having put his hand on my lower back to help me in. He sat the basket at my feet before closing my door and going to the other side.

"So, you're grand plan to show me you're not what the Pogues say you are was a picnic on the Druthers?" He glanced at me as he started the car and drove off. "It was, but then you decided to bitch about it. Now we're going somewhere else."

And there's the Rafe Cameron I know.

The 19 year old turned the radio on and continued to drive. I kept my eyes focused on the scenery around me ignoring the random stares I could feel coming from Mr. Kook King.

15 minutes and no words having been shared later, Rafe parked in the section of woods that backed up to the Boneyard. A popular party spot here in Kildare. I gave him a weird look as he switched the car off and got out, walking over to my side. "Bambi."

I hopped out of the car, Rafe's arm wrapping around my waist when I almost fell over. He coughed awkwardly, letting go when he knew I caught my balance. "Follow me." The boy mumbled, grabbing the basket and walking off toward the shore. Sceptically, I followed after the boy as we maneuvered through the woods and onto the sand. Oddly, the Boneyard was empty tonight.

"Here." Rafe stopped about 15 feet from the waterline, pulling a thin blanket out of the basket and spreading it out for us. Hesitantly, I sat down next to him and watched as he took out the food he'd brought, container by container. "Strawberries, goldfish, PB&J's... because that's all I know how to make, some beer, and-"

"Got anything for someone who doesn't drink?"

I watched as Rafe's face fell and then he started scrambling around. "I, uh... didn't think about that, it's um. I'm sure I have some water in my tru-" My laughter cut the boy off, his face contorting into a confused expression at my joy. "I'm kidding, Powerpuff Girl. All us Pogues drink is beer."

As if this whole day wasn't cliche enough, our hands touched each other when I went to grab a beer. Just like any other person would, I paused slightly and drew my hand back. Rafe coughed, his eyes on the ground, as he opened a beer for me. I quietly thanked him and took the beer, taking a large sip out of it.

"So, tell me what my friends have so misunderstood about you." I mumbled, taking another sip. While I waited for his answer, I grabbed a strawberry for myself. These things were like crack to me. "Well, for starters-" My eyes flickered up to see him.

I definitely regret doing that.

His eyes were focused on me as they switched from looking at my eyes to my face. I swallowed harshly. When he started to lean in, however, I panicked and shoved the strawberry in my mouth as I sat up quickly. "Fuck, this is a good strawberry. Where'd you get these things Powerpuff Girl?"

________________

☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎

A/N:

ok ok, so here we are.

can you guess who i am? i'm the same person who wrote chapter 1...

anyways, ilysm

VOTING TIME!

who do you think wrote...?

chapter 1

chapter 2

chapter 3

chapter 4

LET US KNOW(: