sixteen

⁀➷

⁀➷

────── THREE MORE YEARS LATER

The ring on her finger did nothing to quell her nerves. She was the Goddess of Love, but she had seen many failed marriages.

It was only a week ago that Steve proposed to her, and while she said yes because she did love him, it made her nervous.

He was still healing, even five years later, and she felt that it was rushed. In reality, she was simply frightened of what could be and what she could lose in the process.

She had lost Thor, and they had yet to make up. She ruled New Asgard with him, but it was more of Brunnhilde and Ophelia ruling side by side since Thor found a new fascination with potato chips and cheap beer.

She sighed at the thought of her brother. She was no longer angry at him, but she was still irritated at home because he had yet to approach her and apologize. Their strained relationship lasted five years, and he avoided her like the plague.

She was not the Queen of New Asgard because it didn't feel right to her. She moved between Steve, New Asgard, and whatever missions Natasha had for her. A ruler should stay with their people.

A knock at the door snapped her out of her berating. Standing up from her desk in her office, she walked to the front door and opened it, eyes locking on Rocket before looking up at Bruce.

"What are you two doing here? Bruce, I haven't seen you in years!" she exclaimed.

"What am I, chopped alien guts?" questioned Rocket.

"I called you a month ago," she retorted.

"We have a way to bring everyone back," interrupted Bruce.

"What?"

"We can stop Thanos," he explained.

"Thanos is dead," she retorted.

"Time travel, Ophelia. We figured it out!" Bruce exclaimed.

She leaned her forearm on the threshold of the door. "I'm sorry. I'll need a moment. Is Steve... I'm assuming he knows. I'm assuming he's leading this."

"We came to get everyone," said Bruce, nodding.

"Including your brother," added Rocket.

Ophelia winced. "Yeah, about that..."