Chapter Thirteen

"What exactly do you mean by that?" Confusion etches all over my features. I seat up, my heart starts beating faster.

"Ruby doesn't really have androphobia," He shuts his eyes tightly and blows out a breath.

I feel my head aching. I hold on to the hospital sheets so tightly my hands turn red.

"She's not my sister either." He adds and when he opens his eyes, they are red and filled with unshed tears.

Anger surges through my body in waves. That anger turns to anxiety. Lies. They are all liars.

"Please leave." I grit my teeth at him.

"Just let me explain Iris, I didn't mean to hurt you." He stands up from his chair and starts walking towards me.

I fidget and move backwards just like I always did when I was kidnapped. He stops and increases the distance between us once more.

"Please leave." I scream out this time. So loud my throat hurts.  Ruby flinches but doesn't say anything.

I reach out to call a doctor but then I stop when I see Ruby trying to hold back her laughter.

"And you," I point my shaky finger at her. "Was it fun?" I push myself up from my bed and stand up with wobbly legs. My head feels like it weighs a ton yet I advance forward.

I push past Caleb and take her shirt in my hands tears streaming down my face. She doesn't say a word, she doesn't even act affected.

"You played me for a fool," I scream at her, I turn to face Caleb. "both up of you." Caleb tries to reach for me again and in the process Ruby yanks my hand off her shirt, laughs dryly and walks out of the room.

"What's your excuse huh? tell me," Tears continue flowing down my face in streams. I reach for the walls to support myself. "What did I ever do to you? I don't deserve this, I don't deserve any of this."

He rushes towards me in
the heat of the moment and his warm body engulfs me, my hands leave the walls and stay immobile at my sides.

I hold him, I hold him for a while, I let myself feel the comfort because I realize this is the last time I'll ever let anyone in.

"Please leave," I say one last time and push him backwards with all the strength I have left. I say it with so much pain Caleb draws in a breath.

"I did it because I love you Iris," He turns around, puts his hands in his hair and walks to the far end of the room. "There I said it. I love you." He whips his head back to face me and with less than ten strides, he take my hands in his.

"You're delusional." I spit in his face. He drops my hands to clean it and it's like a switch in his head flips.

"I'm not leaving Iris, you can't push me away. I'm helping you can't you see that? I've been in this room with you for over an hour now. I held you and you let me. Where's your androphobia now?"

"You know what Caleb, I don't care about you, I don't care about any of this, you're a liar and a manipulator. I can't deal with you." I silently whisper and walk to the door. " I don't need your help, I don't need anybody's help." I say slowly before walking out of the room. He doesn't stop me this time.

I see Ruby standing opposite the door when I walk out. She's blowing bubbles with her gum and snapping ferociously.

A small part of me wants to walk away but another part of me, a larger part, the side that genuinely cares for Ruby even after everything that she put me through stays put.

I open my mouth and I'm left gapping unable to say a thing.

"Why did you do it, this-," I wave my hands in the air to prove my point. "This was not necessary."

She walks towards me and I finally get the reaction I have been looking for all day. "I have no idea why my bestfriend is obsessed with you. I wish you died when Gared took you."

I stumble backwards and reach for the walls to support me.
"You knew about that," I turn into a sobering mess. The world has finally succeeding in breaking me.

"You better watch your back Iris, I'm rather lay dead than watch Caleb have you." She says, she raises her hand up reaching for throat. I stay put but my legs give way and I slide to the floor.

Caleb bursts out of my hospital room just in time to stop her. His shoulders are slumped and his eyes red. He looks like he has been crying for hours. Ruby puts on an innocent facade and gives Caleb a hug. She smiles deviously at me.

I stand up and dust my hospital gown giving her a nasty look. She doesn't deserve my tears.

Caleb turns to face me.

"I just wanted you to trust me. I'll come back for you Iris, I understand you need some space I'll give that to you because I love you." The innocence in his voice does nothing to calm my beating heart.

These people should be locked up in a mental asylum somewhere. I turn my back away from the both of them before breaking into a run. Ignoring the fatigue in my bones, I push myself beyond my limits and I don't stop until I'm standing at the roof top of the hospital.

The wind is blowing through my body, caressing me, calming me, whispering that it's all going to be alright.

I know better, I couldn't get past this. A psychopath for a mother, a dad who doesn't love me, a stalker with an evil conieving bestfriend and just when I thought I could get through it all, the universe decided to let some group of guys kidnap me.

I walk towards the edge of the building.

"Are you stupid. Get down from there." A voice says behind me startling me. I almost loose my balance.

I give myself some space and turn around to face him. I read somewhere that when trying to do something compulsive and faith stops you, you go with the flow.

The wind woshes through my hair and I move it behind my ears trying to see who my savior is.

"He walks out from behind an old white generator and leans on it. He smirks, he has a cigarette in his hands. I look up into his deep blue eyes.

"If you're going to kill yourself, at least give me the chance to know you first." He smirks and starts walking towards me, I begin moving backwards and shaking my head.

I try to scream at him, say something, use my facial expressions but everything comes out blank.

Everything except the scream that leaves my mouth when I fall off the building.

Phew, Iris can't help falling into trouble.

Get it? 'FALLING' lol
Thanks for reading.
Don't forget to vote.
Next update: Friday. I'm back to my normal updating schedule.