53: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

"Master..."

A soft whisper opened Queenie's eyes from her shallow sleep. Without getting up nor moving from her bed, she softly answered back.

"News."

The girl that swiftly entered the soon to be Imperial crown princess chamber, continue on hiding in the shadow.

"It is confirmed that the King of Clover had been long gone, the castle, no the Clover Country itself is hiding this fact from the Empire."

Queenie swallowed, trying to ease up her dried throat. It is what she expected to happened but also hoped that she was wrong. This confirmed the curse of the seal on her cheek. A curse that will greatly harm the one person she cares the most.

"Ace?" Queenie softly and quietly asked.

"He is staying in the castle and seems to be the one acting the king as what the people asked him to do."

Queenie tightly closed her eyes. She felt that her nose is slowly getting stuffy from her building up emotions.

'How old are we now, seventeen? Seventeen!!'

Queenie remember the events before she left Clover and the day before the war broke out of the border of Clover.

....

A battalion marched at the front of the Clover palace, with the Spadian king leading his armed forces, the Clover king welcomed them with open arms.

The peaceful country looked tense for the first time and everyone knows, it is the end of their tranquility.

Ace who was young and far different from the Clovians, who gave up their rights to go against the new Emperor's decision, the young Ace unsheathed his sword and attacked the Spadian king.

"Why the hell are you here!? What are destroying this time?! Is robbing off the Clover's seal not enough?!"

The king swiftly raised his sheathed sword to block Ace attack, but Ace strength broke the sword of the king in pieces, but the king soon grabbed Ace's sword with his bare hands and shattered it.

"Is this how you greet the father you haven't seen in so long?" The king's cold voice mantled everyone's hearts.

Ace who is shocked at first of his shattered sword, tried so hard to composed himself but only manage to shout a childish phrase.

"You are not my father!"

"You are still very young." The king unmounted his horse and walked towards the young boy.

Ace get ready for fight but before he could ready himself, the king of Spades already grabbed the young lad's neck.

"You are strong but like this, you will just die without saving or protecting anyone."

Ace try so hard to break away from the king's grasp to the point, his strong nails already nailed deep into the man's arms and wrist but the king is unshaken and uncared of the blood he is losing.

"Like all the previous Spade seal bearer, you are useless to this war."

"Joseph!!" The Duke of Virgo who was late to greet the Spadian King, bravely called the cold king's name.

The king then dropped the boy unto the ground and they both gave each other a hostile glare. Then the king turned and proceeded with his battalion beyond the border of Clover.

"How many are you going to kill this time?"

The king stopped and look back for a moment.

"It is for you."