Natalie

"It's so weird to see you resembling Misty a bit in some way. The cheeks and the lips. . ."

I blinked softly, observing the red color of squash she just made for my first breakfast here. The grilled sandwiches were laid neatly on the plate.

Seven hours had passed since Axel stopped the jeep at the wooden fence of the residential area behind the thick rows of trees. Never had I thought, I would see the boy I thought who hated me to the core, holding glossiness in his eyes while letting me go away from him.

He begged to follow me. To walk with me fifty more meters and leave me at Gran's door. But Alpha Pete's orders had to be followed. His inner wolf cried in conflict while not removing his arms from around me. The last goodbye kiss described all of his sadness and fear of uncertainty.

"Just how the tables turn. Don't they?" He had said while holding my waist possessively. "I thought I had been successful in stopping you from going to the city, leaving me here. Now, I am the one bringing you here."

The empathy for Pete was fighting with sadness in his eyes. I could observe him wanting to stay with me. But we were helpless.

"I am just seventeen, " I had said to calm him down. "There's a whole life waiting to be spent with you."

He had started at me blankly. "It is the same place your mother ran away to, " he had said, gulping slowly. "To run away from her mate. I don't like what is happening, Natalie." His icy blue eyes were so angry and helpless. "Misty is gone there forever. She won't return."

We stayed quiet. Because we knew that I would have to live with Gran until she would get fed up with waiting for Misty and would understand that she was never coming back.

"I will be here only." Axel had said while crossing his arms across his chest, leaning against the door of the jeep while I had started to walk away, glancing back at him in between. "I love you, Natalie."

The very memory would make my heart smile.

But now, I was in the house where my mother used to live with another man. Where Misty was brought up.

Gran's accent reminded me so much of the Misty in her early days at the pack. Completely sassy and unforgiving. Yet so admirable. Adorable.

I had never felt so cozy in a house before other than the one my father owned. The doors were white unlike the dark brown ones back at home. The curtains were lacy white with pink flowers over them. The windows were modern with slide glasses. The walls were so clean white and decorated with little showpieces and art paintings.

I couldn't believe how humble Misty was all this time despite coming from such a superior modern home. It was smaller than ours but so homely. Every corner gave the vibe of Misty and Gran decorating it themselves with all of their hearts.

"Why?" I asked while looking at her wrinkled face. Her grey-white hair was bob cut till her shoulders. Though, they weren't that silky and straight. But wavy and natural. Her grey eyes were turning greenish because of her old age. But she was beautiful with that straight nose and blushed thin lips. "You knew about us from the beginning."

She wasn't eating much. It felt like she was full of all the desires. The curiosity to know about Misty was so obvious in her eyes and expressions. She just watched me eating the sandwiches with an amused smile.

"I did, " she said while nodding in understanding. "But never saw you. Only that handsome brother of yours would arrive on her birthday. Is he good? Getting bulkier? The last time I saw him was when he furiously gave me death threats. And he took Misty away."