Chapter 19

Malena POV

I stepped in Christian's office and saw him glaring at me. His eyes were piercing my body making my legs numb. I tried to take another step but failed.

"You're gonna waste the time standing there?" he snapped and my heart sank.

I stepped closer and he threw literally threw the files on the table.

"Check all the information in these files and no mistake" he said working on his laptop. He didn't even look at me. I picked up the files and was about to leave before he asked me to bring a cup of coffee.

Coffee?

I want to feed him poison for being an a*s.

I put all the files on my table and went to make coffee.

I prayed and stepped in the office again.
"Where are your manners? Do I have to tell you to knock?" he yelled.

Okay, it was official that my mood had ruined. I didn't know what had happened to Christian but I was not his punching bag. I literally wanted to cry so badly but I couldn't. I took a deep breath and whispered "sorry sir"

I put the coffee on the table and he picked up the cup and took a sip before slamming it on the table which made me flinch.

"Make it again" he said.

I frowned, this was how he wanted his coffee to be.
I picked the cup and went back. But what was wrong with the coffee.

I remade the coffee and went back. I saw many people looking at me with sympathy and I realized that I was not the only one who faced his rage.

The process of remaking coffee was repeated twice and this time I was not coming back to remake it. If he didn't like it then he would make it on his own.

I picked up the cup and looked at it then an idea hit my head. I picked the spoon and thought to taste it before giving him.
As I was about taste but me and my clumsy self couldn't even handle a spoon. It fell on the floor and surprise there was only one spoon. Now I was not going downstairs to bring one spoon from canteen.

Now what?

Then a mischievous smile crossed my face. I brought the cup near my lips and took a sip. It was hard and hot. In one word perfect.

I knocked and went in. I put the cup on the table and left without listening to any of his complaint.

I headed in my office and started checking all the statement and values in the file.

After some hours my phone buzzed and when I looked at text, I realized it was from Sean.

Free tonight?
-Sean

Someone has great stalking skills.
I texted back.

You don't know me that much. I'm doing a favor so that you can know my other skills too.;)

I didn't know why but Sean's text had brought a smile on my face which was missing because of someone. Today was an awful day and I really needed to lighten my mood.

Fine, tell me what we'll do tonight?
I texted him.

We can do many things at night but for your comfort a movie will also do.;)

Fine.

I'll pick you so no need to bring your car.

Okay!

"If you are done with your texting, can I talk to you?" Christian was standing in front of me.

"Um... Sorry" I whispered biting my lower lip.

"Tonight we are going to attend a party, so be prepared and you can go now" he said.

"Tonight?" I yelled and in a fraction of second I realized what I did. I covered my mouth from my hands and whispered a sorry.

"You have something else to do?" he asked gritting his teeth.

"No" I said picking up my stuff.

I started walking to the door but Christian's hand grabbed my wrist and turned me.

He took some steps towards me because of which I took some steps backward.

Soon I hit the wall softly and Christian in front of me.

"I'm sorry" he apologized, catching me off guard.

"Huh?" was the only thing that came out from my mouth.

"I'm sorry for being such an as*hole. I'm sorry for shouting at you. Trust me that was the last thing I wanted to do" he said staring at me.

"Why? Why did you do that?" I asked.

He stared at me and then ran his thumb around my cheeks.
"I was angry" he confessed.

"Why?" I asked, not believing that he was angry and he vented his anger on me.

"I don't want you to fool around. I don't want you to date other guys. You know that we have something between us. But you still test my patience" he said examining my every reaction.

"You like me?" I gasped when I realized what I just said.

He chuckled and then touched my lips.
"Yes, I like you. I am completely mad for you. The first time you entered my office, the only thing I wanted was to kiss you, to take you right at that time.
I can't stand you with someone else other than me" he confessed.

I was hap- Suddenly all those memories of him rejecting me flooded through my brain. Me being in depression for weeks and my parents death everything came back. I gulped and looked at Christian who was patiently waiting for my reply.

"It's okay, take your time" he said and stepped back.
"I'll pick you up and please baby give me one chance. I'll fix everything. I promise you won't regret"

He sounded so desperate and honest. I wanted to trust him but whenever I thought about us, all I could think was about my parents death.

I nodded and left.

When I reached my apartment I saw Sean's text.

I'll pick you at 7. Get ready.

I felt sorry for him.
Sorry, can't make it today. Some work came.

No problem, next time.
He replied in a minute.

I went in my room and sat down. When Christian rejected me, I lost self confidence and started busying myself in work and avoiding everyone.

I didn't talk to my parents for weeks and when I met them again... It was too late. I only found two bodies covered in blood. I didn't get to say my final goodbyes to them. I lost the last chance to talk to them last time. I miss them and this only happened because of just one rejection. Because I was too weak to accept that one rejection. I learnt from my life that I was not going to be weak. I would enjoy what I had right now. Nothing was going to affect me, nothing was going to take away my happiness and the people who were close to me.

I liked Christian and this was not the best thing I had done but I was daring to involve myself again with him. I was not weak...
I liked him and no-one could change that, not even me, so I decided to see how our relationship would go.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I hope you like this chapter please do
Vote
Comment
Share