Chapter 25: Not yet

The silence between them was going over for minutes until Caroline broke the awkward tension.

"How do you do, duke of the North?" Caroline grips the side of her skirt and carefully lower down her body. If they were the same as the past, Caroline would have jumped on him, asking for a lift up.

"Yes, I'm fine, and how about you, lady Georgiana?"

(K: Yahh...I'm the one who wrote this yet I sighed over this distance stuff going on between them)

"I'm doing as fine as any day. I would also like to say thank you in person for those gifts you have sent to me during those years, however, I hope this action could be stop."

Caroline bowed her head down and said in a very low voice which was not her usual lively self.

"I apologise if I made the lady felt uncomfortable, I sent those gifts to you despite knowing that fact that you have a fiancee. I want to stop too but why...?"

That makes Caroline lifted her head up, Thanatos's eyes were filled with sadness. Caroline then stepped back as she know he was too close.

"The fact that I can't see you, and hear your voice tortured me insanely during those three years."

"Why...?" The soft yet sad voice coming from Caroline's lip makes him smile.

"I can't understand that too. Every time I closed my eyes, your image began to enter my mind, dominated over my whole mind. Every time I got a moment of silence, your laughter and giggles will filled my ears just a melody."

"..."

"The wave of indescribable emotion, the smile which I didn't even realize. Do you know how much I miss you...?"

~~~

I didn't reply to him as I only listened in silent. No response, no reaction. If I thought what happened 3 years ago, in my eye, Thanatos was acting pretty childish.

Despite not being in a relationship, but as a woman of culture, I of course, understand his feelings towards me.

I mean.....who doesn't? Unless you're one hell of an oblivious dense person.

It was more than a crush, it was something that is heavy, a heavy ball of emotion. That word isn't just something you use to confess unless your feeling for the person who like is really strong and certain.

It's call love.

(K: AliSTAIR50, hmmmm...your daughter is quite cultured, I must say 😂)

Of course, I never experienced or falls in love with someone else but the fact that I could easily point out someone's else emotion is a bit of a unexpected thing I myself never thought.

Probably because he is the 2D character? But Thanatos is standing right in front, breathing and can think by his own self without any programming.

"Why do you miss me?" I straight out asked him while staring directly at his midnight sky eyes.

"Maybe it's because I love you."

The sudden strong wind blew my neat hair into the air and also my skirt, However, those weren't the thing that bothered me, the fact that he went straight to confess me is a bit of....more than just SURPRISING.

Wait, that's illegal. Aren't you supposed to go through over 100 chapters of drama and conflict until you confess? T-this is absolutely illegal.

I stood there, dumbfounded while staring at him as if he was speaking some holy language which I absolutely cannot understand.

"I wasn't sure about this, but when I saw you again, I was certain that I love you, Caroline."

Thanatos ran his fingers through my hair and kisses it lightly. The nostalgic hit me again when he first did this when I was 12.

I remembered his bashful reaction and his tsundere side of him. Gotta admit I missed that side of Thanatos :(

"I really appreciate your feelings but your highness, I have a fiance..."

"Doesn't matter, I love you before that brat."

What the hell with that deadpanned face? Oscar is your nephew, brooooo!!!

"I think I really need some time to think about this, please give me some space and let me think this clearly."

I took the opportunity and run away from him. Everything...everything was like a dream. Why did he confess...? Why is his feelings is so genuine?

He's too genuine that I can't think up of any good attack or defend strategies. I open the carriage's door and quickly closed it.

"Why are you so red? Did you catch a fever?" Reymour who was inside the carriage, touch my forehead.

"N-no...."

I caught a "got confessed to" disease. I-it's not like this is the first time...in this world, not in my previous life that I got confessed to. However, my father was the one who sent the rejection letters most of the time and probably the one who read those confession letters alot than I am.

Anyway, I got confessed by the Villain who's fucking bite me 3 years ago and I don't know why too but I won't forgive him or give him a positive response soon, boy...you need some lessons :)

Unedited curse chapter

Whew whew, I definitely don't want to drag the drama, so today, we have lil Thanatos who has the official nickname "Thanos" now, is finally confessed to Caroline.

Hehe, I have online classes tmr so have a Thursday update!!

Fun fact: Caroline is Gemini and we will celebrate her birthday next year :/ Sorry, bro.