Chapter 10

I stared at Nya, Ronin got away with the sword and the armour?

"Why didn't you wake me up earlier?!" I asked.

"We couldn't, we were trying to stop him," Nya answered.

I got up and did spinjutsu to change into my gi.

We rushed outside, Nya told me "we're taking the bounty to follow Ronin."

I saw sensei summoning his dragon, I was surprised, he had a dragon and he didn't tell me?

"Care for a ride?" he tells Misako while extending his hand waiting for her to take it.

"I thought you'd never ask," she responded and both of them got on the white and yellow dragon and went after Ronin.

Before I got on the bounty, I saw Nya walking away so I ran after her.

"What's wrong? Where are you going?" she looked upset.

"I failed to stop him... I failed to control my power, I just... Need some space," she looked at me "go without me."

"Are you sure that you'll be fine?"

"I think so, now go, don't waste time."

I said before leaving "remember, everyone makes mistakes, it's how we deal with it that matters, don't give up, Nya." I smiled at her then got on the bounty's deck and we flew after Ronin's mech R.E.X.

We catch up to his mech, but it was empty.

"He's not abroad the ship!" Misako exclaimed.

"It's a trick!" sensei said.

Kai who was beside me asked "then where did Ronin go?"

I shrugged my shoulders "I have no idea."

<<<< - .. -- .  ... -.- .. .--. >>>>

3rd POV

After Ronin got away with the sword and the armour, he searched for Morro's hideout. He found it and entered, he got greeted by Morro.

"Good evening."

Another ghost who was named Ghoultar said "And good night."

Ronin looked around then spoke "Heh, I like what you've done with the place. Pretty gusty making your hideout right here in Stiix. With this much water, they'd never come looking for you here."

Morro spoke again "I've never been afraid of anything."

Ghoultar took the sword from Ronin while another female ghost who was named Bansha took the armour and gave it to Morro.

Ghoultar examined the sword then told Morro "The sword is no fake."

Morro took the sword from him with a smirk "Huh. For once, the crook makes good." He stabbed the sword on the map on the table "Ha! The Tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master."

Ronin hesitated then opened his mouth "Now what about my soul? The deal was you'd remove the curse and free me."

"You can have your soul, but the deal has changed. I want you to bring Y/n to me," Morro replied.

"Whoa, now hold on. A deal's a deal but why do you care about Y/n from all the ninjas?"

Morro looked away with annoyed expression "That's none of your business, just bring her to me."

Ronin spoke again "I thought you said you weren't afraid of the ninjas."

"I'm not. But our Preeminent requires certain...safeguards," Morro said as the ghosts started laughing.

Ronin takes a step back "Forget it. I'll keep my cursed soul. The sword's one thing but my friends are another." He tried to take the sword back but he was stopped by Bansha.

"Since when do you have friends?" she asked making everyone laugh at him again.

Ronin backs off and before he could get out, Morro stopped him "Where do you think you're going? We still have a need for you." He smirked and added "The Realm Crystal will be mine."

<<<< - .. -- .  ... -.- .. .--. >>>>

Y/n's POV

We returned to Steep Wisdom with many questions filling our heads.

"Well, obviously he has taken the sword and the armour to Morro," Jay said.

Zane asked "but where is Morro? He could be anywhere."

I muttered "damn you Morro."

Everyone looked at me, sensei scolded "Y/n, how many times have I told you to not say bad words in front of the kid?"

"The kid?" I had a confused face.

Everyone looked at Lloyd, Lloyd complained "I'm not a kid anymore!"

"Oh yeah, you are the kid, I thought it was Jay for a second."

"What?! Me?!" Jay yelled at me while everyone laughed.

Then we went serious again, yeah we're so bipolar.

Cole looked at Nya "look, Nya, I know you're not a ninja yet, but if you're going to be one of us-"

"I'm sorry, I should've told you when I first suspected Roni would steal them," Nya responded while looking at the ground.

I didn't know what they were talking about honestly.

Sensei got himself into the conversation "Enough! We all knew the path to stop Morro was never going to be a straight line. We were all fooled by Ronin, but that doesn't make us fools. At a time like this, we mustn't butt heads, but put our heads together."

Me and Jay snickered then Jay said "I'm sorry, you said 'butt heads'." The two of us giggled.

Zane's falcon came to us and showed a message from Ronin on a virtual screen the falcon created.

Ronin in it spoke "I can't talk loud, but I wanted to let you know, Nya, you were right. Morro didn't hold his end of the bargain. And Misako was right too. The scroll and sword did reveal the tomb. I know where it's located. I know you don't have the sword but I know you can beat them to the tomb," he gasped "they're coming."

Jay yelled at the screen "where is it? Where is the tomb?!"

"The Caves of Despair! The tomb is in Caves of Despair!" the message has cut off.

Sensei was confused like the rest of us "Caves of Despair? We've been there, I don't remember seeing any tomb."

Misako spoke "but there are still miles  of unexplored mines, it could be there."

Me and Nya had the same look on our faces, Nya said "but why should we trust him? It could be a trick."

I continued after her "Nya's right, Ronin lied to us once, he could do it twice without us noticing."

Lloyd spoke "but we don't have any other choice, maybe he's telling the truth, who knows? The only way to find out is going there."

"No it's not! We can find where Morro's hiding and get this shit done faster, I'm tired of all of this!" I said then went out of the shop to summon Stormie, my dragon, and leave.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Word Count : 1086.
I bet you didn't know that I named the dragon.
Also, I know it took me a long time to update. But my mind was filled with the second book's scenario, yup, this is going to be a series.
Anyways, thanks for reading, bye! 👋