iv. best friends!

CHAPTER FOUR:
( best friends! )

CHAPTER FOUR:( best friends! )

▂✫⌒*・゚

             VENUS MADE HER FRIENDS go to the Great Hall without her first thing in the morning. Occasionally, she will pop her head inside to check if majority of the students are placed there. When she is sure that most of them began eating and sat down in their tables, Venus marches inside the Great Hall with full confidence. Raising her wand up, a whole bunch of streaming fireworks goes off from the tip. The bright emitting lights creates unique works of wondrous designs (she could have sworn she notice clown heads showing up over Snape and a few other Death Eaters). Venus stands in front of the entrance with a grin on her lips as she notices the students gasp in awe and laugh to themselves. Her own smile vanishes from her face when two figures darkly stand in front.

             Fuck, she curses in her head, her lips pursed thinly. The woman grabs her arm tightly and raises it up. "What is your name, Miss Gryffindor?" Alecto Carrow sneers deeply.

             Venus swallows her spiteful remarks and clenches her jaw. "Venus Thomas, ma'am," she replies. The young girl forces herself to stare right at the woman's eyes despite the sudden urge to flee and never return. She feels her arm come up with a bruise by how tightly she is holding it.

             "Thomas," the woman repeats with a thoughtful expression. A familiar recognition passes through her face. "Didn't your father run away from the Ministry?"

             She calmly takes a deep breath and raises an eyebrow. "He did not run, ma'am. He resigned simply because he has gotten older," Venus answers vaguely. Okay, a small lie, but they do not know that. Her father is getting old, but still manageable if he truly wants to work.

             "And your mother? What is she?" Alecto continues asking, eyeing her with pure disgust. Not even 'who', but rather what. That is undeniably prejudice of her. Venus knows this school year would absolutely suck and this gives her full confirmation.

             "My mother is a squib," Venus replies bitterly. "For some reason the magic from both her parents did not pass on to her. Surely, that is not a crime, is it?"

             The man, Amycus, appears right beside his sister with the same dark expression. "You are the culprit?"

             Venus straightens her back— she could still hear the laughter of some kids and worries from the older ones. "Yes," Venus confesses truthfully.

             Before the Carrow siblings could say anything else, Professor McGonagall comes stomping her way to them with a firm stare. "Miss Thomas! I expected better coming from you! Detention tomorrow night!" Her head of house exclaims in a strict matter. The Carrows glares at the young girl before deciding she is not worth their time.