57

Third person's POV
Only after the fact that Y/N called out had Jin realized that he had company.
Walking closer Y/N sat himself down beside Jin, her eyes fixated on the illuminating street lights beyond the road in front.

They sat in pure silence for a while till Y/N questioned, "How could you have you gotten out?"

"Huh?"

Y/N coughed softly as she corrected herself, "I mean how did you leave the building? You didn't get lost?"

"Well, I was walking aimlessly around my room when I tripped over something causing me to fall over knocking into several things. And after, I realized that a mysterious trapdoor opened up in my room. I was curious and thus, I walked closer to take a peek at what laid below. However, with me being the clumsy person I am, tripped again. But this time I was quite certain that I tripped over air(could you even do that?) causing me to tumble down the trapdoor hole. Since I was already inside, I just continued to wander around the paths randomly. And somehow I ended up here. I'm so thankful for my sudden clumsiness. Otherwise-"

Jin paused abruptly in the middle of his sentence looking as if he had just deciphered something. Lifting a single finger, he pointed at Ethereal.

"Wait a minute, what do you mean by how could I have gotten out? Are we not allowed out of something?"

Y/N let out a peal of airy laughter as she waved her hand in the air. "No no, of course not. So what made you decide to sit here?" Y/N hurriedly changed the topic.

Jin grinned as he spoke "What do you mean? It was an accident to exit the building and I just didn't know how to get back in. That's why I'm camping out here."

Y/N stared at Jin's facial expression and features as a small frown tugged onto her face. "Don't lie. I can see that something is bothering you, plus you were so distracted. Relax!"

Jin took deep breaths as he sighed softly. "I was just stressed."

Jin started to speak and even when he paused, all was silent. No one spoke. And when he did Y/N listened.
Y/N hadn't spoken much, but she did give Jin an encouraging look urging him to continue as she just calmly listened to Jin as he poured out his worries.

"I'm just feeling stressed these days. Being here really got me thinking. You and I both know that I'm the oldest of BTS. And you too probably know that I always joke around saying that I was the one who raised them. But the unchanging truth is that I obviously didn't. But that's not the thing that's bugging me the most. It's the fact that, that is probably the only thing I've ever done for the team."

Jin pulled his hair slightly as he continued.

"I just feel incredibly useless. I'm the oldest but I literally have zero percent contribution to the gang. I am not the best fighter. I'm not as strong as Jungkook, as smart as Namjoon, as good with dealing substances as Yoongi, as talented in hacking as Hoseok, as sociable and sharp as Taehyung or as sly and smooth as Jimin. Each of them all has their own specialty, but what am I? I have no talent and no interest in any of the specific fields. I feel like a burden to the gang sometimes and I hate it. I hate this overwhelming burning sensation. This sense of incompetence that is choking me. I want to be of help. I want to help my brothers. I want to help my family."

A single tear rolled off his cheek while more and more droplets of water joined in. Y/N hugged him and gently placed Jin's head on her shoulder, allowing him to cry to his heart's content.

Jin's tears were completely soaking Y/N's shirt. But she didn't mind at that moment. She was thankful that Jin was willing to spill such confidential thoughts to her.

She rubbed small circles on Jin's back as she spoke "you're not useless."

"But I am" Jin sniffled, his voice cracking slightly.

Y/N's eyes soften as she glanced below at the sobbing Jin on her shoulder.
"Hey, you're perfect just the way you are."

"But-", Jin protested.

"No, listen here. You're perfect. You may not be the best hacker, the best in combat, the best in handling things or the best in wielding weapons, but know this. You hold BTS together. No one finds you a burden, I assure you. If you don't believe me you can ask any one of them. In fact let me let you on, on a secret. The thing is, Jimin is especially grateful to you."

Jin looked up for a moment, at Y/N incredulously as if she had just spoken some alien language.

"Don't look at me like that, it's true. But really, you're good, way above average. If you feel like you're insufficient, then work harder, strive for higher. Use this as your power-up, your reason to improve. Channel all this negativity into determination. You can do it Jin! I know you can."

Jin's POV
I can do it.
I'm not useless.
I'm not a burden.
I'm strong.

"You can do it Jin! I know you can." Ethereal cheered.

Her words seemed to have struck a chord in me as my heart trembled.
What's this?

"Oh and just to let you know, I totally think you look the best in BTS."

I froze.
Ethereal was still speaking, maybe. I don't know. I have completely blocked out all sounds. The only thing I could hear was the loud thumping of my heart.

It was completely erratic. My heart was beating hard and fast against my chest, it felt as though it was about to leap out of my body.
I too could feel the heat rushing up my cheeks as I buried myself deeper into Ethereal's shoulder.

What is this foreign yet familiar feeling?

Third Person's POV
Y/N's eyes trailed up towards the night sky as she admired the stars that shone brightly.
Glancing at Jin's sleeping figure now on her lap for a second, before she turned back to the sky.
She uttered out loud to no one in particular, "Why compete for daylight when you can share the night with the stars?"

-

??? POV
I flared up looking at the image in front of me. I punched the monitor in rage hard with my fist as cracks appeared on the screen from the impact. Glass cutting my clear skin.
Blood was trickling down my hand and onto the screen tainting it a heavenly shade of red.

Breathing heavily I glanced at the photo frame by my bedside. Standing up from my seat, I walked over. Gently holding up the frame I looked fondly at the photograph it held. On it was both Y/N and I grinning wildly at the camera.

Ring~ Ring~

My phone rang pulling me out of my reminiscing. Looking at the caller ID, Fallen Angel, I knew what she wanted. Hanging up, I exited the room with a slam.

-

The monitor that was displaying Jin peacefully sleeping on Y/N's lap flickered for a second before turning black, with fresh blood still cascading down the screen.

___________________

Author's note:
A little insight here :)
I know that some of you have been waiting for the revelation of Y/N's identity, but it would take some time since I want to properly develop and write some interactions between Ethereal and each BTS member.
Plus I want to do a slightly more in-depth introduction of the members of SSFIRE.

Thank you so much for reading this story and I'm thinking of doing a Q&A soon. I know I have said this before and don't worry, those who have voiced out your questions before, I haven't forgotten it! I will include it in the coming Q&A!
Please do ask some questions okay? :)

Please stay safe, comment your questions(all is welcomed!), and vote.

Stay happy readers! (っ´▽')っ