Ninety Seven

Benjamin smiles at his mom. "I'm gonna pick up Gabi. We'll be back around...I don't know eight or nine, maybe? And she's spending the night."

"Okay, and who are these girls you're going with?"

"Jazmyne, Elly's girlfriend, and some of her friends. It's okay mom, they're good people."

"Okay. How's your wrist doing? Are you sure you're okay to drive? You never drive."

"That's because Noah insist to drive me everywhere but I know how to drive, Mom. But, yes, my wrist doesn't hurt as much anymore."

"Okay, honey. Have fun. Call me if you need anything, okay?"

Benjamin smiles and nods. "Okay."

**
Noah walks downstairs, only wearing his grey sweats and some socks. He was running his fingers through his hair to try and dry it. His mom looks over from the stove and smiles.

"Nice of you to join, mijo. Dinner is almost done."

Noah nods and smiles. "Sorry. I did a workout after school so I just wanted to get my shower out of the way."

"No hanging with Benjamín tonight?"

"Nah. He's out with some friends but I'm surprising him with dinner tomorrow night. He did so well at the competition and I wanna spoil him."

Noah's dad walks in, smiling. "Such a gentleman, mijo. What'd you get?"

Noah hums and walks away to grab a bag. He comes back out, handing the bag to his dad. He shows the necklace and bracelet he bought.

"Cute, mijo. When'd you get this?"

"Uhm a few days ago after practice. I haven't told him anything but I asked to have dinner together so...I'm gonna surprise him."

Noah's mom smiles, "You're very sweet, mijo. He gonna love it so much! Can you please go get Mateo?"

Noah nods and sets the bag down. Mr.Martinez turns to his wife smiling. "When did we raise such a gentleman? So sweet?"

**
Benjamin looks through some of the clothes he thought he liked. Gabi walks over to him, sighing. "There is some weird tension over there."

Benjamin looks up. "What do you mean?"

"I think their group might be fighting. I don't know it just seems very awkward."

Benjamin hums. "Well...Let's stay far away so we're not dragged into it, then. Do you like this shirt?"

Gabi grabs it, holding it up to Benjamin's chest. "Hm. Yes, but do you like it?"

Benjamin looks away into the mirror. "Yes...I think so? I don't know, you think it'll be too tight?"

Gabi rolls her eyes, playfully shoving him. "That is never an issue, come on. And plus, didn't you say Noah really likes the tight clothes?"

Benjamin smiles and looks at Gabi. "Noah likes anything I wear."

Gabi smiles and hums, turning to the clothes rack to see if she'd like anything. "So? You and Noah are getting serious, right?"

Benjamin nods, now fully turned to the mirror. "I mean...Yeah, we are."

"Are you guys gonna, you know? Soon?"

Benjamin shrugs and turns to Gabi. "I'm not sure. I mean, I want to but...I don't know. I've never before...And it's almost happened countless times but, neither of us make the move."

"Hm."

"Have you ever? When you were with Lucas?"

Gabi shakes her head. "No, no we didn't. But I have before...Just talk to him about it, Benny. That's what I did...If you can't talk about it with him, then you shouldn't do it."