1: Don't let the pretence die (Strike 1)

Carson took a step forward and took the mic, he doesn't look like the calm and placid Carson I'm used to seeing in the College Corridor, he is a completely different person, this Carson is smart, much more confident and powerful, He's royalty

"You live in a world that is unjust, it is cruel, sad and thrive on the exploitation of people like us," Carson says and I realise this is the exact same speech from the video.

Then why is he repeating it again? I got my answer when a few people next to me joined Carson in his speech, "The people like us, you and me are larger in numbers however the institutions still manage to mooch off of us by dividing us."

Carson sees that the number of students joining him has increased and he looks satisfied, as Derek and Ridge smile, they look proud too, I look back at Blaze and Zane and they both pass me a smile as Carson continues with his speech, "A group of Elites have been ruling over us for generations now, but it is time that we, the future generation, put an end to being ruled by a few who have till now ruled every aspect of our lives."

"As I've said earlier, we three are not enough in number to bring a revolution. We are the revolt, this is a chance for you to join the revolt, be the revolt, a chance to be a part of something bigger than all of us," Carson says to the lot and takes a step back and Derek comes forward to speak.

"We're the product of nepotism," he points towards Ridge and Carson, "so believe me when I tell you that we live in a world where a network of greedy people secretly run our lives, and I assure you once we're done with college we'll end up in a cob web with them, but this right now is our chance, this is our time to make things right, make things in this college right, make Eastwood the institution it was always meant to be. We can make a change, we can be the change, one institution at a time." Derek speaks and steps back.

Ridge comes forward and claps his hand once, like always, "The elites who run this world, you know why they don't want the common people to study or even us to study, because if no one studies no one thinks, what these elites can't handle is you learning more than you're taught in the schools, they don't want you to do your research, they don't want you to think, they don't want you to analyse," Ridge is constantly using his hands to describe what he meant, and in the end he presses both his hands in front of him and looks at the crowd intently and completes his speech, "because once we start to analyse, we criticise, we criticise the power, we criticise the authority and what scares the authority the most is, that we are right, and they don't want others to know that we are right."

"Critical thinking is against the authority's interest, that doesn't help them," Carson says, "Think what'll happen if the people running their machines, doing their paperwork figure out what a scam the whole thing is, what will happens if the people are not distracted by the distractions they put in front of us, what happens when the audience realises that the magic is not where the magician tells you to look, it's actually at the opposite end?"

"We'll become a liability to them, they won't get the chance to exploit us, so what they do is, make us a part of the scam, Oldest trick from the books." Ridge says.

"In this world all they talk about is our differences, because they want us against each other. We fight in the name of color- blacks and whites, in the name of our religion- Christians, Muslims, Jews and even our differences in class. That's what the media, the politicians always talk about, the things that separate us when we should be looking at our similarities, that's how the ruling class operates in our society," Derek says.

"And we simply give in, we start giving importance to things which are not important, we think how they want us to think, we become a part of the mass madness," Carson says.

"That has to change, we have to pull out the chip they have implanted in our minds," Derek says stepping forward.

"And we need all of you to help us," Ridge says.

"The problem with the society is no one wants to hear the truth, no one wants to acknowledge the fact that they are enslaved, that's why we can't tell the whole college about this, yet," Carson says.

"We have to wait for them to be ready, what we want from you now is your loyalty, that when the time comes and it will come, you'll be by our side," Derek says.

"Yeah!" The crowd cheers.

"So, who's with us?" Carson asks the crowd.

After a moment someone raises a hand, "I am."

"I am," another hand comes up.

"I am."

"I am."

I look at Zane he gives me a brief smile then raises his hand, "I am."

I look over at Blaze and his hand is already in the air, "I am."

I look back at F3. They look proud as all the hands went up.

Derek looks at me, and I raise my hand as well, "I am," and he gives me a smile.

"You still owe me a date," another voice cuts in and I look at Ridge, he looks annoyed and I smile at him.

"Now, remember how we act in college, the rivalry is all part of our plan, never let the pretence die," Carson says.

I felt stupid about all the times I thought this is Derek's rebellious phase or some childish shit like that. He is working for something bigger than all of us, all three of them are.

After an hour the meeting was dismissed after the boys had answered some of the questions and mingled with the crowd. I was about to leave but then I saw the three boys walking towards me. I didn't know exactly how or what to say to them as it was all so new to me.

Carson stops in front of me, "I think you need a proper explanation as two of my boys have their hearts on a stick for you," he says with a smile on his face.

"What the fuck?" Ridge says, while Derek whistles and acts like he hasn't heard anything.

Wasn't Carson the one who said I broke his heart? I do need a proper explanation.

***

Thank you for reading the new book and let me know what you feel about it.

This book can't be read as a stand alone. You've to read the first book, 'The Legacy' first.