˗ˋ 19

CHAPTER NINETEEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH A GOOD LUCK KISS PROMPTS HIM TO WIN

. . .

Over the day following what James and Sirius found out, the best friends decided it would be better to not say anything about it. If Tiger had seen what was written in the book, when she had simply ignored it.

And so, James and Sirius would ignore it. The second of the pair wouldn't dwell on it for long, James would. It wasn't so much about her having seen someone die, but more that she was so happy.

Almost always, Tiger was smiling. Which was something James knew he wouldn't be able to do. If he saw anyone die, no matter what they meant to him, it would mess him up big time. But he knew he would have to get used to it, if he were to do what he wanted to do after Hogwarts.

Which, of course, was to fight in the wizarding war. To fight alongside his best friends in the war and to try and bring about the end of it. Death was common in these times, and he was lucky to have not experienced it yet. But he would, eventually.

And maybe Tiger could help him through it. But for now, Tiger's main priority was cheering on James and the rest of the Gryffindor during the Quidditch match.

But it seemed she was just a little overwhelmed by it. The four girls who resided in the same dorm had stepped into hall, and for three of them, the mismatched-coloured chaos seemed normal.

For Tiger, on the other hand, it was exactly as it presented itself. A mess of the four houses, all wearing one of the two colours. The blue to represent Ravenclaw, or the red for Gryffindor. And with everyone being dress in different colours, actually differentiating people into their houses was difficult.

And the combined waves of red and blue overwhelmed her, and it took both Lily and Marlene to drag her through the initial crowd which had gathered at the front of the hall. "Twig?" James asked, when he saw the dazed look on the her face.

"Hey Prongsie." Tiger smiled, her gaze flicking around the hall one last time before settling on James. "The big day, huh?" The Inter-House Quidditch Cup had actually started the previous week, in a match between Hufflepuff and Slytherin, but because of the full moon, Tiger and the four boys had avoided human contact, wanting to help Remus.

"So it is. But is everything fine? You look a little.. dazed." James commented, looking at her, somewhat concerned.

"You lot really go out for Quidditch matches." Tiger giggled softly, looking around. "But I'm fine, just the colour is a lot."

"Ilvermorny sounds boring." James whined. "You must be having such a better time here." He joked, but realised that Tiger was nodding, deadly serious. "You managed to finish your jumper then?" James then asked.

"Well.. kinda. But Lydia needed a jumper and I happened to already have something I could wear." Tiger jumped up off of the bench, full of energy and turned around, moving her hair out of the way.

She was wearing a quidditch jumper, which was why James seemed to think it was her knitted one. But upon turning around, Tiger revealed she was actually wearing the jumper which James had given to her on the day of the practise. And it had his name printed across the back.