i. SO MANY SPARKS

WARRIOR!
( chapter one )

"RACE YOU TO the top! First one up gets first showers tonight." Clarisse La Rue announced to her fellow Ares siblings. Ingrid Reid gave her a cocky grin, before charging at the towering climbing wall before them. She grabbed hold of one of the stones, pausing to correct her grip before continuing on her climb.

At her side was her twin brother, Casey Reid, who tried to push her off. Ingrid almost laughed at his attempt, and instead climbed above him to knock his hands off of the wall. It worked, and Casey fell to the ground with a thud. "I hate you Ing!" He yelled.

"Love you too Case!" Ingrid yelled back as she continued her climb. Soon enough, the lava began spewing out, just barely missing her. Ingrid paused to catch her breath after the near miss. To her left, she caught sight of Clarisse, and Sherman Yang on her right. The two were above her, meaning she had to attack them from underneath.

She went for Sherman first, and slowly crept below him, and yanked his foot from the stone it was on. He looked down with a yelp, and before he knew it, his other foot lost it's hold, and Ingrid had pulled him off. Ingrid smiled to herself, and pulled her way up again. Her muscles were starting to tire, but that never stopped her.

Suddenly, the wall began to shake, meaning it was going into earthquake mode. Ingrid tightened her grip, before taking a risk to continue. Luckily, Clarisse struggled to continue, meaning it gave Ingrid time to trek to the top before she did. Despite the wall's violent shaking, and the insanely hot lava, Ingrid scaled the wall with ease, finally making it to the top. She pulled herself up to the platform with ease, raising her fist in the air as celebration.

Casey and Sherman cheered from below, as did Clarisse once she dropped from her spot. Ingrid smiled victoriously, despite having won this challenge dozens of times. "Have fun sweating tonight while I enjoy the showers!" She called out, and at that, they stopped cheering and instead, they all flipped her off. Ingrid laughed, her smile growing bigger.

   She started to climb down, but stopped as she saw the flying chariot crash land into the canoe lake.

   "What was that? Ing, can you see?" Casey called out, looking over to the lake. Ingrid nodded, and began her trek back down, talking as she went.

   "You remember how Annabeth and Butch went to the Grand Canyon this morning in the chariot? Well they just crash landed it in the lake," She said. "Looks like they brought three new campers back. No Percy though."

   Knowing her siblings were impatient, Ingrid jumped down from her spot, falling onto the ground. She grumbled a few curses, before pushing herself off of the ground. Without having to say a word, the campers took off, anxious to see what was going on.

   As they approached, they could already hear Will Solace's complaints. "Annabeth! I said you could borrow the chariot, not destroy it!"

   Annabeth sighed. "Will, I'm sorry. I'll get it fixed, I promise." At that, Ingrid chuckled. She knew the chariot was the least of the girl's problems.

   "These are the ones? Way older than thirteen. Why haven't they been claimed already?" Will said as he sized up the new demigods.

   Ingrid's gaze traveled to them as well. There were three, a tall blonde guy about 16, wearing a tattered purple shirt. The one standing next to him seemed about the same age, but much shorter. He had on a large grin, despite the utter confusion on his face. The last was a girl with choppy brain hair, and a fleece ski jacket. Sure, they weren't the most impressive lot, but that's how mostly everyone came to camp anyway.